Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

4 Wheelin in El Paso, TX

Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Wheelin in El Paso, TX

4 Wheelin In El Paso, TX

Old 04-05-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jgmz82 OIIIIIO
4 Wheelin In El Paso, TX

Man I love Big Bend but right across the border in El Paso is the murder capital of the world isn't it. I'm Texan and carry heavy heat but would be on alert too much to enjoy the wheeling. Hows the border situation in you're opinion?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Freak

Is that at red sands? I don't think el paso is that bad I just avoid certain areas I've only been here since November I like it here besides the wind lol coming from NC tho its a lot different
Old 04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice pic! Some local runs in the area, hope to see you out there!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigT
Man I love Big Bend but right across the border in El Paso is the murder capital of the world isn't it. I'm Texan and carry heavy heat but would be on alert too much to enjoy the wheeling. Hows the border situation in you're opinion?
The heaviest heat I carry is my D cell maglite... Juarez is where all the killings are at (to the point it doesn't even make the news most of the time) and El Paso was actually ranked 2nd safest city in America by the FBI, just saying... Keep in mind too though we have Ft. Bliss, a good portion of the Texas National Guard, and a lot of Border Patrol which all help deter the violence from spreading over.
Big Bend is actually even safer but it almost seems like an unwritten rule the cartels leave that area alone. We were just there for Spring Break and never felt "at risk." We're actually planning going back out hopefully soon and may make it a party if we can get enough folks to go too...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigT
Its not bad in EP, its Juarez thats bad. Doesnt really leak over. The only thing I avoid is cars with Mexico plates. LOL. you shouldnt be worried. If your ever in this area hit me up and ill show you some good spots
Old 04-05-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stratman2
Nice pic! Some local runs in the area, hope to see you out there!
yea definetly. I was telling Cody to let me know when you all go out and Ill hit you guys up! I got a couple friends with Jeeps I go with also. But let me know for sure
Old 04-05-2011, 10:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love El paso.... If I had my choice of duty stations, Bliss would be in the top 3. The area has been revamped so to speak and beautiful. The first time I went their was with a buddy of mine and his uncles and cousin took me to the dunes. That was damn cool..... Enjoy your time there....
Old 04-06-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jgmz82 OIIIIIO
yea definetly. I was telling Cody to let me know when you all go out and Ill hit you guys up! I got a couple friends with Jeeps I go with also. But let me know for sure
Oh no! You're a friend of Cody's?
Just kidding. Hope to see you one the trail.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk

Oh no! You're a friend of Cody's?
Just kidding. Hope to see you one the trail.

Ha ha ha real funny lol

Quick Reply: 4 Wheelin in El Paso, TX