Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Advise, please: too steep an angle?

Old 08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dillUSMC

land rovers and all there fancy shit lol i doubt they have a forum tho or lift their cars and put on 35's or go rock crawling or mudding, land rovers are like the suv that wants to play in the mud with a jeep, kinda like that other suv, i forget what its called tho, starts with an H
They are fancy but there are people that def wheel them. I seen some vids from a group in Moab. I seen a factory made show featuring the range rover factory. They had the engine in this machine tilting it all kinds of crazy ways while it was running.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Hi! "yes"!!! Dis it. "no" pics yet as iPhone broke. I'll redo this week w/video.

Locals here went to try it...a couple received citations for "trespassing". I'll go back. It's fun!
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

I am sorry to leave everyone hanging!! "yes" it can be done and it was awesome. Newbie, or not, I know w/out pics "it didn't happen". I filmed it, busted my phone, work deadlines, etc. I will redo/repost video, HD, 3D, whatever it takes to redeem myself. The peer-pressure is intense! Feel like I'm back in HS. I honestly didn't think anyone really cared and it really was kind of anti-climatic.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:36 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Divotmeister
I am sorry to leave everyone hanging!! "yes" it can be done and it was awesome. Newbie, or not, I know w/out pics "it didn't happen". I filmed it, busted my phone, work deadlines, etc. I will redo/repost video, HD, 3D, whatever it takes to redeem myself. The peer-pressure is intense! Feel like I'm back in HS. I honestly didn't think anyone really cared and it really was kind of anti-climatic.
Glad you did Now whats next ?????
Old 08-15-2011, 04:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Heavy Boss
I thought this was a real thread about angles that a jeep can take before it rolls. If anyone cares, I downloaded an i-phone app Inclinometer or clinometer whatever you want to call it. Smitty-built makes it. $1.99 Really makes the wife feel at ease when she can watch the dials and gain a mild comfort level with my choice of unusual driving terrain. Also has a audio signal that warns you if you get close.. I really dig it...

ht tp://www.smittybilt.com/clinometer.htm
OK that is just badass. I almost bought one of those plastic stickons to do that. Now I will just have to find one on android. Is the 'close' adjustable? hehe

Oh and as for the Land Rover course - I dont know that I would even slow down for that little thing. Your jeep can do it no problem. Probably even better if it is stock as your center of gravity is lower. I wouldnt even worry about discos. Discos only help when you articulate as in the axles are not at the same angle. It will feel weird if you have never done similar off camber stuff before but it will do it.

edit-Dang it I couldnt make it all the way to the end. Anti climatic would be right. It will go farther...

Last edited by drunkenmugsy; 08-15-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Run #2. Amazing machine, even stock. Notice Land Rover out of business.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2601181883.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	198287   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3100682477.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	198288  
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Divotmeister
Run #2. Amazing machine, even stock. Notice Land Rover out of business.
That 2nd picture turned out pretty cool with the clouds, just need to photoshop the light pole out of it.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orangeav
That 2nd picture turned out pretty cool with the clouds, just need to photoshop the light pole out of it.
...and your license plate number, since you were trespassing. Don't want to leave evidence.

Now you need to try some trails...Get with a local group or club to go with so you can learn what your new Jeep can do while having experienced off roaders to help guide you...
Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

What a great thread...like reading a good book, I was dying to find out what happened...too funny that it turned out to be so easy! Happy Trails!!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JerzyJKJoe
What a great thread...like reading a good book, I was dying to find out what happened...too funny that it turned out to be so easy! Happy Trails!!
Lol yea I can see that. But since it's done now what's next? Any other "test" tracks around? Lol

Quick Reply: Advise, please: too steep an angle?