JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Trails & Tales (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/)
-   -   Arizona: Places to Wheel In Arizona (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/arizona-places-wheel-arizona-180693/)

matt852 06-02-2011 08:19 PM

Arizona: Places to Wheel In Arizona

Gives us the location of your favorite places to wheel in Arizona and how to get there.

I've gone through borders and barnes and noble and none of them had books with maps of places where I can Jeep.

Thanks

Matt

Please include the trail difficult and recommended JK Gear/mods.

Croce 06-02-2011 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just moved to AZ from mass and was also looking for some trails. found this book at barnes and noble. Has a bunch of trails from stock to hard for all over the state. Just did broken arrow in Sedona when my family came and visited and they loved it

Edit: it's also on amazon for about $10 cheaper too

JK-jeepit 06-02-2011 08:31 PM

try traildamage dot com..goto trails.
there are 6 posted, probably the most popular ones.
it's a start.

Mad-Hatter 06-02-2011 08:32 PM

Come down here with us...we will show you around :thumbsup:

matt852 06-02-2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter (Post 2327421)
Come down here with us...we will show you around :thumbsup:

I will when I go to UofA next year!

Thanks Guys

Do you guys know how to get to the Boulders, Lake Pleasent, and Table Mesa Trails?

Croce 06-02-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by matt852 (Post 2327448)
I will when I go to UofA next year!

Thanks Guys

Do you guys know how to get to the Boulders, Lake Pleasent, and Table Mesa Trails?

The book i posted has trails for each area you mentioned in depth with GPS co-ords and mile marker info, i highly suggest getting it, best $25 i've spent..
As for Lake Pleasant, im there almost every weekend. Great place to be. Your going to want to go on North Castle hot springs rd then follow the signs that say Crown King Rd.

Table Mesa is an Exit of I-17. The book also has the Boulders trail but never been there myself.

matt852 06-02-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Croce (Post 2327456)
The book i posted has trails for each area you mentioned in depth with GPS co-ords and mile marker info, i highly suggest getting it, best $25 i've spent..
As for Lake Pleasant, im there almost every weekend. Great place to be. Your going to want to go on North Castle hot springs rd then follow the signs that say Crown King Rd.

Table Mesa is an Exit of I-17. The book also has the Boulders trail but never been there myself.

Thanks Croce, do you think my X with 32 MT's could handle those trails? I have no lift, but tow points and some buds with winches.

Croce 06-02-2011 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by matt852 (Post 2327459)
Thanks Croce, do you think my X with 32 MT's could handle those trails? I have no lift, but tow points and some buds with winches.

I've made it to the Crown King entrance just fine (Couldnt go any further as i was running solo and dont know anyone for recovery yet) I too have no lift and still running stock sahara A/T's. The entire trail to Crown king is just a bumpy dirt road, but once you reach crown king i've heard theres some tough spots

I've made a map of the entire Crown king trail plus the trail leading to it on Google Earth*. I've attached it in a Zip file (hopefully im allowed too)
In Google Earth just go to File>open and open the .KMZ file in the ZIP file if your not familiar with it.

Just a FYI its a long trail, something like 40+ miles one way if starting at Lake Pleasant (theres even a saloon and gas station at the end called Cindys Saloon i believe)

matt852 06-02-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Croce (Post 2327468)
I've made it to the Crown King entrance just fine (Couldnt go any further as i was running solo and dont know anyone for recovery yet) I too have no lift and still running stock sahara A/T's. The entire trail to Crown king is just a bumpy dirt road, but once you reach crown king i've heard theres some tough spots

I've made a map of the entire Crown king trail plus the trail leading to it on Google Earth*. I've attached it in a Zip file (hopefully im allowed too)
In Google Earth just go to File>open and open the .KMZ file in the ZIP file if your not familiar with it.

Just a FYI its a long trail, something like 40+ miles one way if starting at Lake Pleasant (theres even a saloon and gas station at the end called Cindys Saloon i believe)

Thanks I'll call some people up to see if they know anything about the Crown King Trail.

remark 06-02-2011 10:25 PM

If you come out to the meet and greets or follow any of the local threads there are always trail rides. We have done all the the places you listed and more as a group.