Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Arizona: Places to Wheel In Arizona

Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arizona: Places to Wheel In Arizona

Gives us the location of your favorite places to wheel in Arizona and how to get there.

I've gone through borders and barnes and noble and none of them had books with maps of places where I can Jeep.

Thanks

Matt

Please include the trail difficult and recommended JK Gear/mods.

Last edited by matt852; 06-02-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just moved to AZ from mass and was also looking for some trails. found this book at barnes and noble. Has a bunch of trails from stock to hard for all over the state. Just did broken arrow in Sedona when my family came and visited and they loved it

Edit: it's also on amazon for about $10 cheaper too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3399694328.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	167387  

Last edited by Croce; 06-02-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

try traildamage dot com..goto trails.
there are 6 posted, probably the most popular ones.
it's a start.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Come down here with us...we will show you around
Old 06-02-2011, 08:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mad-Hatter
Come down here with us...we will show you around
I will when I go to UofA next year!

Thanks Guys

Do you guys know how to get to the Boulders, Lake Pleasent, and Table Mesa Trails?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
I will when I go to UofA next year!

Thanks Guys

Do you guys know how to get to the Boulders, Lake Pleasent, and Table Mesa Trails?
The book i posted has trails for each area you mentioned in depth with GPS co-ords and mile marker info, i highly suggest getting it, best $25 i've spent..
As for Lake Pleasant, im there almost every weekend. Great place to be. Your going to want to go on North Castle hot springs rd then follow the signs that say Crown King Rd.

Table Mesa is an Exit of I-17. The book also has the Boulders trail but never been there myself.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Croce
The book i posted has trails for each area you mentioned in depth with GPS co-ords and mile marker info, i highly suggest getting it, best $25 i've spent..
As for Lake Pleasant, im there almost every weekend. Great place to be. Your going to want to go on North Castle hot springs rd then follow the signs that say Crown King Rd.

Table Mesa is an Exit of I-17. The book also has the Boulders trail but never been there myself.
Thanks Croce, do you think my X with 32 MT's could handle those trails? I have no lift, but tow points and some buds with winches.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by matt852
Thanks Croce, do you think my X with 32 MT's could handle those trails? I have no lift, but tow points and some buds with winches.
I've made it to the Crown King entrance just fine (Couldnt go any further as i was running solo and dont know anyone for recovery yet) I too have no lift and still running stock sahara A/T's. The entire trail to Crown king is just a bumpy dirt road, but once you reach crown king i've heard theres some tough spots

I've made a map of the entire Crown king trail plus the trail leading to it on Google Earth*. I've attached it in a Zip file (hopefully im allowed too)
In Google Earth just go to File>open and open the .KMZ file in the ZIP file if your not familiar with it.

Just a FYI its a long trail, something like 40+ miles one way if starting at Lake Pleasant (theres even a saloon and gas station at the end called Cindys Saloon i believe)
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Lake Pleasant.zip (75.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by Croce; 06-02-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Earth not maps
Old 06-02-2011, 09:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Croce
I've made it to the Crown King entrance just fine (Couldnt go any further as i was running solo and dont know anyone for recovery yet) I too have no lift and still running stock sahara A/T's. The entire trail to Crown king is just a bumpy dirt road, but once you reach crown king i've heard theres some tough spots

I've made a map of the entire Crown king trail plus the trail leading to it on Google Earth*. I've attached it in a Zip file (hopefully im allowed too)
In Google Earth just go to File>open and open the .KMZ file in the ZIP file if your not familiar with it.

Just a FYI its a long trail, something like 40+ miles one way if starting at Lake Pleasant (theres even a saloon and gas station at the end called Cindys Saloon i believe)
Thanks I'll call some people up to see if they know anything about the Crown King Trail.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you come out to the meet and greets or follow any of the local threads there are always trail rides. We have done all the the places you listed and more as a group.

Quick Reply: Arizona: Places to Wheel In Arizona