Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Barlow Trail, Mt. Hood, Oregon

Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Barlow Trail, Mt. Hood, Oregon

Had a day off last week and decided to get drive the Barlow Road. Which was used as part of the Oregon Trail for covered wagons. The trail is kept up very nicely by the forestry service and there are some amazing remote campsites along the way.

Here's a little more on the history of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barlow_Road

**Note: There aren't that many Jeep shots. 1) My Jeep is borning. 2) It's not a very technical trail so there are no good action shots to be taken! 3) I was the only Jeep.

Trail Head

My un-covered wagon for the Journey

Good shot of Mt. Hood on the way back to the highway.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks fantastic! I'd love to wheel in Oregon if it weren't soooooo far from Austin. Truly beautiful country.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where does he "trail" start at and how far did you follow it for. It looks really interesting. Thanks for posting up pics. -CK

Okay, I checked out the wiki link and it answered my questions. I will be planning a trip very soon from The Dalles to Oregon City or vice versa. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by CACHE KRAWLER; 08-09-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CACHE KRAWLER
Where does he "trail" start at and how far did you follow it for. It looks really interesting. Thanks for posting up pics. -CK

Okay, I checked out the wiki link and it answered my questions. I will be planning a trip very soon from The Dalles to Oregon City or vice versa. Thanks for sharing.
The "trail" I took starts just a little north on 3530 of where the marker is:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&sourc...,0.129433&z=13

There are trail markers on the side of the trail throughout the trail. And there also some signs where the trail is intersected by a major Forest Service Road. But when going out in the woods I would strongly suggest taking a map and a compass with you!

Quick Reply: Barlow Trail, Mt. Hood, Oregon