Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Bundy Hill trip

Old 10-25-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bundy Hill trip

So, I went on another quick run to Bundy today. Alone as usual, since my girlfriend, and neighbor with a Rover backed out. Jerks. Haha

Anyway I spent some time at first checking out a side I hadn't explored before, that we saw on the Haunted Trails night ride a couple weeks ago.

Here's me stopped at the top of a crest because I wasn't sure what the other side looked like. Turns out it was nothing much, but better to check than roll off a ledge. 😀 Figured I was out so I may as well take a pic.

Was super nice out today so I flipped back the top for a while. Crappy pic, I know.

Mild to Wild is one of my favorite areas of the park. Lots of trees and some tricky stuff. You can take it either mild or wild, which is cool too. I did bypass some crazy looking ruts in there.

Oh yeah, and I ended up getting stuck for the first time in a running Jeep. Was going through some muddy ruts that turned out to have a hell of a drop off. These pics are after someone on a side by side had pulled me a little, and then after that did what it could I dug out behind the diff as it was catching.

Kinda tough to tell in the first pic, but the right side was sunk pretty deep. Easier to see in second pic though, haha!

Anyway, a few guys on fourwheelers who were there said they had a Jeep, since it was obvious the side by side wasn't heavy enough. So they went and grabbed it and after a minute of yanking while I hit reverse and sawed the wheel and I was out.

Freedom!

As always, had a great time! 🍻

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited by igobytony; 10-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Awesome , I love that park! Maybe well meet one day for a run!!
Old 10-26-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, for sure! I'll let you know next time I'm planning to go.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just moved back home to Michigan, I'm used to NC trails, who when what and where do I take my jkur? Near mid Michigan
I need jeep friends ha
Thanks

Quick Reply: Bundy Hill trip