Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Casualty of John Bull

Old 12-18-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Casualty of John Bull

Bent sway bar end link courtesy of John Bull. Fun day. Worth the damage.

Best I can figure is that the sway bar pointed straight down and slightly forward past center when I popped over a rock then when it compressed back down it bent it forward.

I replaced it and adjusted them and inch longer total so it hopefully won't be able to twist around that far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3974324413.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	110558  
Old 12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by techd00d
Bent sway bar end link courtesy of John Bull. Fun day. Worth the damage.

Best I can figure is that the sway bar pointed straight down and slightly forward past center when I popped over a rock then when it compressed back down it bent it forward.

I replaced it and adjusted them and inch longer total so it hopefully won't be able to twist around that far.
Nice. Was there a lot of snow on the trail. You take any photos?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Gatekeeper had a little left over but not much. No photos, was an impromptu trip but did get video that I still need to upload. I'll post a link here when it's done.

I live about 30 min away in Apple Valley it's been pouring here an up there as well. Not cold enough to turn to snow. Probably just mudding it all up for now.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Gatekeeper had a little left over but not much. No photos, was an impromptu trip but did get video that I still need to upload. I'll post a link here when it's done.

I live about 30 min away in Apple Valley it's been pouring here an up there as well. Not cold enough to turn to snow. Probably just mudding it all up for now.
Cool. I've run John Bull when it was dry - never tried it with any snow. My son and I were in your neighborhhod yesterday and ran Bullfrog. It was dry on the trail but the rain started hard after we were back to the 18.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

You must have made it out of Johnson valley just in time. Been flooding all over around here. Might be doing bullfrog on the 27th if weather permits. Fun trail. Been hearing about clawhammer out there as well. Have you ever ran that?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

You must have made it out of Johnson valley just in time. Been flooding all over around here. Might be doing bullfrog on the 27th if weather permits. Fun trail. Been hearing about clawhammer out there as well. Have you ever ran that?
I've not done Clawhammer but it is on my To Do List. Keep me in mind for any trails you are running - just post to the SoCal board or PM me.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Will do. I'll let you know if I confirm for the 27th
Old 12-23-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Will do. I'll let you know if I confirm for the 27th
Hey, we are doing Bull Frog on the 8th: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...g-Trail-Jan.-8 it would be great to have you there!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you using the rubi disconnect then? Its an unfortunate side effect of that system, and why a lot of rubi owners go with disco's from JKS or TeraFlex.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stuka
Were you using the rubi disconnect then? Its an unfortunate side effect of that system, and why a lot of rubi owners go with disco's from JKS or TeraFlex.
Yep. You guessed it. I wasn't aware of that drawback until it nailed me. I'll probably do the same if the new endlinks bend again. We'll see if lengthening them an inch helps prevent the issue.