Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Colorado Springs area...

Old 05-29-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado Springs area...

So, plans have changed for our vacation coming up in two weeks. We had originally planned on going to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and then come down through Estes Park and then home. Vacation is being cut short by one week so we won't have the time for all this. New plans are to just go to the Colorado Springs area and just stay in Woodland Park. That will/should give us time to go see Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, and some other things. Any recommendations on places to stay and other things to do in that area? Horseback riding? Whitewater rafting? While I used to live out in Colorado that was 25-30 years ago. My main thing is to show the children the mountains. While we will be taking the JK, this won't be a wheeling trip..just site seeing and touristy stuff.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know we like going to and camping in the state parks, with running water and such they tend to be very family friendly. We especially like Mueller S.P. about 15 miles south of Divide, CO (see my avatar, we could see Pikes Peak from out campsite) they have some nice family-friendly trails and even one for little kids, kind of educational.

Rampart Range Road from Garden of the Gods to Woodland Park is an easy ride with some good views.

Might also check out Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument west of Divide.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Chyenne mtn zoo is cool if you have kids....and are staying near town
Old 05-30-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are headed to the same area third week of July hoping to do a little wheeling and like you said show the kids the mountains and of course all the tourist stuff!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Colorado trip with no wheeling???

Especially in the springs area, south west of there are some of the most historical, beautiful, and accessible peaks anywhere.

Rampart range road is a great start, goes all the from the springs to castle rock or up to the divide depending on where you turn

Quick Reply: Colorado Springs area...