Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Easter drive, to the bay, in the woods

Old 04-25-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter drive, to the bay, in the woods

Didn't have anything going on yesterday so I loaded up the wife and the dog into the Jeep and just started driving. Top down and doors off...

By the time we got home 8 hours later we had driven to St. Mark's Wildlife Refuge where we played in the bay for a bit...the dog still can't figure out "swimming." He hops almost vertically until the water gets too deep and then he turns around and hops back to shore it's hilarious to watch.

Then we started driving along the coast...

Down to Panacea where we stopped for lunch at Hamaknockers bbq for an awesome lunch.

Kept on heading west until we got to Tate's Hell State Forest where we took the Jeep off-road for the first time. Which was awesome! I was surprised the Jeep made it up one of the obstacles we had to cross.

Headed back up north and took Highway 20 back to Tallahassee where we stopped off at the dog park and let the little psycho run around for about 30 minutes.

Spent like $40 in gas alone but honestly it was a great way to spend a day...the weather was awesome and there just really is nothing like riding around with no doors on your Jeep.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Perfect day.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JeepWrangler731
Didn't have anything going on yesterday so I loaded up the wife and the dog into the Jeep and just started driving. Top down and doors off...

By the time we got home 8 hours later we had driven to St. Mark's Wildlife Refuge where we played in the bay for a bit...the dog still can't figure out "swimming." He hops almost vertically until the water gets too deep and then he turns around and hops back to shore it's hilarious to watch.

Then we started driving along the coast...

Down to Panacea where we stopped for lunch at Hamaknockers bbq for an awesome lunch.

Kept on heading west until we got to Tate's Hell State Forest where we took the Jeep off-road for the first time. Which was awesome! I was surprised the Jeep made it up one of the obstacles we had to cross.

Headed back up north and took Highway 20 back to Tallahassee where we stopped off at the dog park and let the little psycho run around for about 30 minutes.

Spent like $40 in gas alone but honestly it was a great way to spend a day...the weather was awesome and there just really is nothing like riding around with no doors on your Jeep.
Hey man I live in tally and just bought a JK.. Let me know if ya ever want to ride!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

wish that place was closer to Pensacola...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too live in tallahassee/ crawfordville, lets get a ride together, kve never been off roading, gotta be baby steps now tho.. Got stock tires... Hell the whole jeep is stock its that new

Pocket

850-459-8558 ( leavin this in case yall wanna ride tomorrow sometime. Just text me and well go find a place to play!)
Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PocketWatts
I too live in tallahassee/ crawfordville, lets get a ride together, kve never been off roading, gotta be baby steps now tho.. Got stock tires... Hell the whole jeep is stock its that new

Pocket

850-459-8558 ( leavin this in case yall wanna ride tomorrow sometime. Just text me and well go find a place to play!)
Originally Posted by bern_tm
Hey man I live in tally and just bought a JK.. Let me know if ya ever want to ride!

We had never done any offroading either (we were really only off the pavement for about 10 minutes, we hit just one obstacle but it was fun.

I'm down for a ride but this is our daily driver so I don't want her too beaten up. A trail ride some place like a fire line or someplace relatively easy would be best. Let me know if you guys know of anywhere like that!

Quick Reply: Easter drive, to the bay, in the woods