Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Easter Jeep Safari 2015 - Who's In?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Think I'm gonna do Elephant Hill and Gold bar rim this year and do my own thing on Wednesday and Friday.

I had started the Climb on my own at Elephant Hill and between being alone, weather turning to crap, and all the hikers giving me dirty looks for being on the trail I turned around at the first over look. I would like to make it to the confluence.
I saw a couple YouTube videos of Elephant Hill, and it looks great. What runs are you thinking of making when you do your own deal? White Rim Road, by chance?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prelucir
My brother and I are booked and ready to go.

We are staying at Slick Rock Campground.

Our trails:

Fins and Things Benefit Run Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Flat Iron Mesa @ 8AM Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Top of the World @ 8AM Thursday, April 2, 2015

Seven Mile Rim @ 8AM Friday, April 3, 2015

Hotel Rock @ 8AM Saturday, April 4, 2015
Nice. I'm going to do steel bender, that's really fun. Hoping to do hells revenge. I've never done this one, so I'm hoping to find some other people to tag along with to do this one. We will probably go out to Gemini bridges. I like that drive. Who knows what else. I'd like to do elephant hill, never done that one either. I never sign up with red rock, I'll just do the ones I want and try to meet up with people for them.
I'll hang out at potato salad hill some too since that always brings some good entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 01-21-2015, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmwil
How fast do the spots typically fill up? I'm looking right now at a fairly mild run, mainly because it is my first go at Moab and because my buddy is coming with a stock JK Sahara with <33" tires. I'm thinking 3D on Monday, Deadman's Point on Tuesday, and Finns and Things on Wednesday. We'll then possibly do White Rim Road at Canyonlands Thursday and start heading 3 to 6 hours toward home Thursday evening/night.

I'm waiting to see what trail runs the forum sponsors. I'm guessing they'll be 6's and up, though, with all the heavily modded Jeeps around here. They probably won't want any bunny runs.

Well the Elephant only had 2 spots left over when I did my reservation and it was even open for 24 hours. I just tried to see what was already full and couldn't seem to find the registration page. But get in as early as you can. If you wait until the week of the event your choices are going to be very very slim.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, it is official. My buddy and I registered for the following trails: Monday, 3D, Tuesday, Deadman's Point, and Wedesday, Finns and Things. We got the last two spots on Deadman's Point. Things are filling quickly.

We also got tickets to the Quadratec Barbecue, so hopefully that will be some fun. Maybe they'll give out some swag.

Quick question...Do you ever see any Jeepers from other parts of the world there, such as Europe or Australia?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I saw a couple YouTube videos of Elephant Hill, and it looks great. What runs are you thinking of making when you do your own deal? White Rim Road, by chance?
I might. I've done white rim/Shafer trail just about every time I've been there. There is a lot of cool things on that trail to see. Not a very difficult trail, but kind of a long one. If I decide to try to make it to the gemini bridges I might end up taking the shafer back to moab.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6732.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	593110

But there are a few hikes I want to do in Arches that I've put off too. And Friday I usually hit the vendor show and make it kind of a relaxing day before the Saturday main event. I get to the raffle early to get a good seat and get my ticket in late. I've won something in both the last 2 years.

Last edited by RoysRig; 01-21-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, it is official. My buddy and I registered for the following trails: Monday, 3D, Tuesday, Deadman's Point, and Wedesday, Finns and Things. We got the last two spots on Deadman's Point. Things are filling quickly.

We also got tickets to the Quadratec Barbecue, so hopefully that will be some fun. Maybe they'll give out some swag.

Quick question...Do you ever see any Jeepers from other parts of the world there, such as Europe or Australia?
Congrats!

Swag? Yes. Plan on wasting about 2 hours at the raffle. Hundreds and Hundreds of things given out. Sets of tires, winches, and loads of other crap.

From other parts of the world? Yes but usually they are in rental jeeps. And tons of those too. Just look for a number under the front headlight, or a banner on the windshield or a cover on the tire. Rental.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats!

Swag? Yes. Plan on wasting about 2 hours at the raffle. Hundreds and Hundreds of things given out. Sets of tires, winches, and loads of other crap.

From other parts of the world? Yes but usually they are in rental jeeps. And tons of those too. Just look for a number under the front headlight, or a banner on the windshield or a cover on the tire. Rental.
Is the raffle at the Quadratec barbecue, or on the last Saturday? Do you have to be present to win? I have to leave no later than Friday morning. Long drive and back to work Monday. Rest on Sunday.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Is the raffle at the Quadratec barbecue, or on the last Saturday? Do you have to be present to win? I have to leave no later than Friday morning. Long drive and back to work Monday. Rest on Sunday.
It's Friday evening same place as the vendor show. And I don't remember if the Quadratec barbecue is the same as the boy-scouts bbq that they server just before the raffle. If it is then yes it's the same place. It's the same place that you have to go to pick up your schedule/banner/raffle tickets/bbq tickets.

Actually the BBQ is on the 31st so it's not the same as the raffle. So I have no idea where that is.

Last edited by RoysRig; 01-21-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

It's Friday evening same place as the vendor show. And I don't remember if the Quadratec barbecue is the same as the boy-scouts bbq that they server just before the raffle. If it is then yes it's the same place. It's the same place that you have to go to pick up your schedule/banner/raffle tickets/bbq tickets.

Actually the BBQ is on the 31st so it's not the same as the raffle. So I have no idea where that is.
The Quadratec barbecue is free. You order up to 4 tickets when you register for trails. I'm pretty sure I read that it is at a high school football field. I hope they have the catalog models there!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

The Quadratec barbecue is free. You order up to 4 tickets when you register for trails. I'm pretty sure I read that it is at a high school football field. I hope they have the catalog models there!
Yeah I don't usually do the whole week anymore. I usually roll in on Wednesday and ready to leave by Sunday morning. And I wouldn't count on the models.

Quick Reply: Easter Jeep Safari 2015 - Who's In?