Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Exploration North

Old 05-07-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exploration North

Had a buddy come to town so I took him out to explore around Fort St John. We spent alot of time on quad trails and in deep rutted out mud holes. Wish we would have got more vids and pics of some of the more savage holes but there was no way anyone was getting out in those areas to take pics haha

These Pitbul Rockers work so good in the mud.. to anyone who knows what the mud is like up here and how sticky it is, If you watch the tred lugs while going through the mud they stay very clean and offered so much traction.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Some pic too. We found a trappers cabin, Ended up under a bridge and found a rock statue

Old 05-07-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, nice pics and great videos! Looks like so much fun. Wished I lived nearby, .

That's one messy a jeep sir!
Old 05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john smack
Some pic too. We found a trappers cabin, Ended up under a bridge and found a rock statue

Thats a great pic man!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks man.. that bridge is part of the Alaska Hwy crossing over the Kiskatnaw River
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

May 29th,
Ok so the doors and roof have been off for awhile and my buddy wanted to go wheelin, I didnt feel like putting the jeep all back together nor did I feel like cleaning mud out of the interior so we decided to go and try to find some rocks and try out rock crawling for the first time.. Well it was a success and a bit of a disaster.

First all it is hard to find a good rock garden around here that is achieveable and passable, we decided to go look around a little creek near town that is usually dry and doesnt have too many truck sized boulders.

Well when we got there there was alot of hwy water run off comming through the creek so it was hard to see the holes and the rocks but it was alot of fun.

I can see how you really need a good spotter as all my friends wanted to ride in the jeep instead of helping spot. I ended up giving my tie rod a frown and bending it up a bit, I am going to adjust my toe and run the bent bar until I can get a RK tie rod.
Anyone else running a tie rod that isnt as straight as it use to be?

Anyways I had a blast wish I had more vids and pics but this is what my buddy got, vids dont do it justice. It would be nice to go to a place where more people wheel to get on a better groomed trail instead of a raw creek but it was so much fun I will be back there

Last edited by john smack; 05-31-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Last edited by john smack; 05-31-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]

An Inukshuk!!!

I learned about these on a recent trip to Kingston!! Met Art, a local who makes them!! How cool to see them 'out in the wild', so to speak!!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

yeah you cant tell by the picture but the Inukshuk I found is almost 3 feet tall
Old 06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Junkie

Took a couple drunk redneck buddies of mine down to Johnson Creek, too many dead falls to get all the way down the trail. Time to get a chain saw

Got a little stuck in a sink hole on the beach but a land cruiser on 38's happend to be there and pulled me out. I didnt realize it was that soft and I went in, in 4hi and powered out.. you cant even see my marks from driving in, it looks like I was there for a long time

I have vids but will upload them a little later

Quick Reply: Exploration North