Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Flinders Ranges, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

Old 03-24-2008, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJase
Yes we do carry fire extinguishers and water and fuel usually but we had a base them then went on day trips from there. If we are going travelling every day then most of us have camper trailers like below which carry all the extras.

The fenders on the silver Rubi are the normal stock ones, on the black one they are the Bushwacker flares available from Quadratec.

South Australia is the driest state in the driest continent in the world and we are going through a drought at the moment. There are creeks, but they have been dry for years so no fish. It is very inhospitable - but people still run sheep stations out here and have been doing so since not long after the State was settled in 1836.
Ah, I forgot about the drought, I thought it was over.

As to the fenders, LOL, I really meant bumper, your style of stock bumpers there come up near the fender which I like. So I was wondering if they were plastic or steel.

If you could sometime, please post more pictures of the trailers and how you have them rigged. It would be nice to see what you use, and if you have them set up with the same ground clearance of your jeeps. The one you posted seems like it has a lot of goodies.

Please post more picts whenever you guys make a run and share the life down under. Always nice to see different places.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will clean the camper and take some photos over the weekend then post it in the Show and Tell section titled 'My Camper Trailer' so look out for it early next week.

The stock front bumper is all plastic and JK owners over here think it is pretty ugly so it is usually one of the first things to go!

Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Kangaroooo!!!! cooool you get to go so close. The only thing i see is beetles and lizards if lucky.

Quick Reply: Flinders Ranges, SOUTH AUSTRALIA