JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Trails & Tales (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/)
-   -   Galena, IL test run before French Lick Jamboree (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/galena-il-test-run-before-french-lick-jamboree-145103/)

jjndadJK 09-25-2010 03:47 PM

Galena, IL test run before French Lick Jamboree

Got the X out for a good test in hills close to Galena, IL. Guy that I went with had a really sweet setup, but a lot of it had grown over. He hadn't got out to the property at all this year. He told me 4 or 5 years ago, a couple different Jeep clubs had club runs on the property. The X did great and I learned a lot about what it can do, and how to do it. Lots of steep hills, and good terrain. Also some awesome views of the Mississippi and surrounding area. Pretty good way to spend a saturday morning.

Next stop, French Lick Indiana in October.

Mulewhisperer 09-25-2010 04:12 PM

Enjoy the Jamboree! Just got home from Ouray JJ this last week! If you are looking for next year, the Ouray trip is a must do! :thumbsup:

jjndadJK 09-25-2010 05:25 PM

Jut checked that one out. Looks really fun. I've always wanted to go to Colorado. Only been to the air port. Would be a heck of a road trip, but can't think of a better reason to go.

Minxkatt 10-04-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jjndadJK (Post 1864090)
Got the X out for a good test in hills close to Galena, IL. Guy that I went with had a really sweet setup, but a lot of it had grown over. He hadn't got out to the property at all this year. He told me 4 or 5 years ago, a couple different Jeep clubs had club runs on the property. The X did great and I learned a lot about what it can do, and how to do it. Lots of steep hills, and good terrain. Also some awesome views of the Mississippi and surrounding area. Pretty good way to spend a saturday morning.

Next stop, French Lick Indiana in October.

Hey! we'll be there too-first jamboree for us and we are looking forward to learning what our jeep can really do!:thumbsup:

jjndadJK 10-04-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Minxkatt (Post 1877242)
Hey! we'll be there too-first jamboree for us and we are looking forward to learning what our jeep can really do!:thumbsup:

You'll have a blast. I did the one in Mole Lake Wisconsin in July, with my WK, and had a blast, even though I beat up my daily driver a bit. It was enough fun that I sold my Mustang Mach 1 and got the JK. This will be it's first Jamboree. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there. I'll be in the Silver 2dr X (there might be a few of those there) with two short guys in it, and Illinois plates. I'll probably have my Brewer's hat on too.

Minxkatt 10-04-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by jjndadJK (Post 1877472)
You'll have a blast. I did the one in Mole Lake Wisconsin in July, with my WK, and had a blast, even though I beat up my daily driver a bit. It was enough fun that I sold my Mustang Mach 1 and got the JK. This will be it's first Jamboree. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there. I'll be in the Silver 2dr X (there might be a few of those there) with two short guys in it, and Illinois plates. I'll probably have my Brewer's hat on too.

We'll be in the surf blue islander with WI plates- I have yet to see another one in my color- anywhere between Madison, Milwaukee and the Chicago area........so we should be easy to find! We'll keep a lookout for the Brewers fans though!

jjndadJK 10-04-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Minxkatt (Post 1877584)
We'll be in the surf blue islander with WI plates- I have yet to see another one in my color- anywhere between Madison, Milwaukee and the Chicago area........so we should be easy to find! We'll keep a lookout for the Brewers fans though!

I'll see if I can track you down. The Islander's are pretty easy to spot.