Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Galena, IL test run before French Lick Jamboree

Old 09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Galena, IL test run before French Lick Jamboree

Got the X out for a good test in hills close to Galena, IL. Guy that I went with had a really sweet setup, but a lot of it had grown over. He hadn't got out to the property at all this year. He told me 4 or 5 years ago, a couple different Jeep clubs had club runs on the property. The X did great and I learned a lot about what it can do, and how to do it. Lots of steep hills, and good terrain. Also some awesome views of the Mississippi and surrounding area. Pretty good way to spend a saturday morning.

Next stop, French Lick Indiana in October.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Enjoy the Jamboree! Just got home from Ouray JJ this last week! If you are looking for next year, the Ouray trip is a must do!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jut checked that one out. Looks really fun. I've always wanted to go to Colorado. Only been to the air port. Would be a heck of a road trip, but can't think of a better reason to go.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jjndadJK
Got the X out for a good test in hills close to Galena, IL. Guy that I went with had a really sweet setup, but a lot of it had grown over. He hadn't got out to the property at all this year. He told me 4 or 5 years ago, a couple different Jeep clubs had club runs on the property. The X did great and I learned a lot about what it can do, and how to do it. Lots of steep hills, and good terrain. Also some awesome views of the Mississippi and surrounding area. Pretty good way to spend a saturday morning.

Next stop, French Lick Indiana in October.
Hey! we'll be there too-first jamboree for us and we are looking forward to learning what our jeep can really do!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Minxkatt
Hey! we'll be there too-first jamboree for us and we are looking forward to learning what our jeep can really do!
You'll have a blast. I did the one in Mole Lake Wisconsin in July, with my WK, and had a blast, even though I beat up my daily driver a bit. It was enough fun that I sold my Mustang Mach 1 and got the JK. This will be it's first Jamboree. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there. I'll be in the Silver 2dr X (there might be a few of those there) with two short guys in it, and Illinois plates. I'll probably have my Brewer's hat on too.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jjndadJK
You'll have a blast. I did the one in Mole Lake Wisconsin in July, with my WK, and had a blast, even though I beat up my daily driver a bit. It was enough fun that I sold my Mustang Mach 1 and got the JK. This will be it's first Jamboree. Hopefully I'll get to meet you there. I'll be in the Silver 2dr X (there might be a few of those there) with two short guys in it, and Illinois plates. I'll probably have my Brewer's hat on too.
We'll be in the surf blue islander with WI plates- I have yet to see another one in my color- anywhere between Madison, Milwaukee and the Chicago area........so we should be easy to find! We'll keep a lookout for the Brewers fans though!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Minxkatt
We'll be in the surf blue islander with WI plates- I have yet to see another one in my color- anywhere between Madison, Milwaukee and the Chicago area........so we should be easy to find! We'll keep a lookout for the Brewers fans though!
I'll see if I can track you down. The Islander's are pretty easy to spot.

Quick Reply: Galena, IL test run before French Lick Jamboree