JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Trails & Tales (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/)
-   -   Good trails Eastern Ohio (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/good-trails-eastern-ohio-327669/)

Jeep-Junkie34 11-01-2015 04:08 PM

Does anyone know of good trails in eastern Ohio?

Chuck-The-Ripper 11-01-2015 05:11 PM

Where-abouts are you from? I love in East Liverpool, Ohio and usually go to Wellsville. It's mostly hill climbs. A lot of buggies down there. Some gnarly stuff. It's also called the forbidden zone but we call it yellow creek.

Jeep-Junkie34 11-01-2015 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4156834)
Where-abouts are you from? I love in East Liverpool, Ohio and usually go to Wellsville. It's mostly hill climbs. A lot of buggies down there. Some gnarly stuff. It's also called the forbidden zone but we call it yellow creek.

I'm just south of you outside of Steubenville. I'm not looking for hill climbs, I'm looking for some moderate mud holes, slight rock crawling and such. As it stands my JK is my daily driver. And I really need it to go to and from class to finish my degree to fix my JK when I break it.

casamtb 11-01-2015 05:29 PM

The is a place call Southington off road park in Garrettsville that might be what ur looking for

Jeep-Junkie34 11-01-2015 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by casamtb (Post 4156842)
The is a place call Southington off road park in Garrettsville that might be what ur looking for

where is garretsville?

casamtb 11-01-2015 05:35 PM

Near west branch state park in Ravenna. Prolly 90 minutes for you. Private park 1500 acres. Relaxed nice family camping etc. google it they have a website.

Jeep-Junkie34 11-01-2015 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by casamtb (Post 4156844)
Near west branch state park in Ravenna. Prolly 90 minutes for you. Private park 1500 acres. Relaxed nice family camping etc. google it they have a website.

2:15 for me. But it sounds like a good weekend getaway!

Chuck-The-Ripper 11-02-2015 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jeep-Junkie34 (Post 4156836)
I'm just south of you outside of Steubenville. I'm not looking for hill climbs, I'm looking for some moderate mud holes, slight rock crawling and such. As it stands my JK is my daily driver. And I really need it to go to and from class to finish my degree to fix my JK when I break it.

Ok we're real close then. We'll have to go wheeling together sometime. I don't beat on mine tooooo hard either.

ShutterBug 11-02-2015 04:47 AM

Southington is only open the first full weekend each month. Has a good mix of all trail types and difficulties.

Always a contingent of JK Freaks out there as well.

I would stay away from Wellsville, myself. It's private land, that I believe is being sold to build a power plant. The local authorities have been notified to arrest anyone on sight for trespassing. There may be some areas that aren't marked, but that doesn't mean it's "legal". You're on your own out there. You get stuck, don't bother coming back for your rig, it'll likely be stripped and burned to the ground. LOL!

Jeep-Junkie34 11-02-2015 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by ShutterBug (Post 4156925)
Southington is only open the first full weekend each month. Has a good mix of all trail types and difficulties. Always a contingent of JK Freaks out there as well. I would stay away from Wellsville, myself. It's private land, that I believe is being sold to build a power plant. The local authorities have been notified to arrest anyone on sight for trespassing. There may be some areas that aren't marked, but that doesn't mean it's "legal". You're on your own out there. You get stuck, don't bother coming back for your rig, it'll likely be stripped and burned to the ground. LOL!

thanks for the heads up!