Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Good trails Eastern Ohio

Old 11-01-2015, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know of good trails in eastern Ohio?

Last edited by Jeep-Junkie34; 11-01-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where-abouts are you from? I love in East Liverpool, Ohio and usually go to Wellsville. It's mostly hill climbs. A lot of buggies down there. Some gnarly stuff. It's also called the forbidden zone but we call it yellow creek.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Where-abouts are you from? I love in East Liverpool, Ohio and usually go to Wellsville. It's mostly hill climbs. A lot of buggies down there. Some gnarly stuff. It's also called the forbidden zone but we call it yellow creek.
I'm just south of you outside of Steubenville. I'm not looking for hill climbs, I'm looking for some moderate mud holes, slight rock crawling and such. As it stands my JK is my daily driver. And I really need it to go to and from class to finish my degree to fix my JK when I break it.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

The is a place call Southington off road park in Garrettsville that might be what ur looking for
Old 11-01-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by casamtb
The is a place call Southington off road park in Garrettsville that might be what ur looking for
where is garretsville?
Old 11-01-2015, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Near west branch state park in Ravenna. Prolly 90 minutes for you. Private park 1500 acres. Relaxed nice family camping etc. google it they have a website.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by casamtb
Near west branch state park in Ravenna. Prolly 90 minutes for you. Private park 1500 acres. Relaxed nice family camping etc. google it they have a website.
2:15 for me. But it sounds like a good weekend getaway!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeep-Junkie34
I'm just south of you outside of Steubenville. I'm not looking for hill climbs, I'm looking for some moderate mud holes, slight rock crawling and such. As it stands my JK is my daily driver. And I really need it to go to and from class to finish my degree to fix my JK when I break it.
Ok we're real close then. We'll have to go wheeling together sometime. I don't beat on mine tooooo hard either.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Southington is only open the first full weekend each month. Has a good mix of all trail types and difficulties.

Always a contingent of JK Freaks out there as well.

I would stay away from Wellsville, myself. It's private land, that I believe is being sold to build a power plant. The local authorities have been notified to arrest anyone on sight for trespassing. There may be some areas that aren't marked, but that doesn't mean it's "legal". You're on your own out there. You get stuck, don't bother coming back for your rig, it'll likely be stripped and burned to the ground. LOL!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Southington is only open the first full weekend each month. Has a good mix of all trail types and difficulties. Always a contingent of JK Freaks out there as well. I would stay away from Wellsville, myself. It's private land, that I believe is being sold to build a power plant. The local authorities have been notified to arrest anyone on sight for trespassing. There may be some areas that aren't marked, but that doesn't mean it's "legal". You're on your own out there. You get stuck, don't bother coming back for your rig, it'll likely be stripped and burned to the ground. LOL!
thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: Good trails Eastern Ohio