JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Trails & Tales (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/)
-   -   Jeep Bangled 50 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/jeep-bangled-50-a-321381/)

goose142 05-06-2015 05:03 PM

Jeep Bangled 50

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all I just got back from my first wheeling trip and this is my first real post but I'm going to get straight to the point.

Attachment 609683
During my wheeling trip to Windrock TN I was driving my stock 2007 first edition JKU, I was pretty stoked about going to this trip and I bought an American Flag to mount on my Jeep during the trip. Well we ended running my Jeep through some heavy blues for about 4 days of solid wheeling on a lot harder trails than I though a stock Jeep would ever go. Throughout me puddle jumping and making a mess the flag was practically clean the entire time, we kept joking that the flag was the only reason my jeep was doing so well. To me it was an amazing experience that I wanted to remember so I had an idea, I had some of my trail buddies sign my flag (still need you guys Jeff and Pat signatures btw) to mark the occasion.

Attachment 609684Attachment 609685

I had also written in "TN" in one of the stars to mark Tennessee as the location for my first wheeling trip. Then it hit me, what if I had this flag wheeled in every state? It simmered in my head for a little bit as a really cool bucket list idea to wheel in all 50 States. After thinking about it and realizing this would be a pretty daunting task so I had another idea, what if I posted on JK forum about this and asked other JK owners to wheel the flag around America for me?

My idea for this is that I would send the flag out to whoever wanted to borrow it and wheel in whatever state they where and then have them sign it along with everyone that was present and mark another state into the stars. Once it is wheeled and signed then they would send it back to me or to the next person that wants to borrow it. I think that anyone that borrows the flag would appreciate the significance that other Jeepers have wheeled the flag and that they would be part of something greeter than themselves, to be part of the great Jeep community.

Once the flag has been wheeled in all 50 states I want to frame it and hang it somewhere (maybe wheel it on big trips every now and then) or lend it to anyone that wants to borrow it (yes I'm willing to share, if we all had a part in it then who am I to say I have full ownership?). If anyone else wants to be apart of this please spread the word and post here or feel free to PM me.

JK505 05-06-2015 05:12 PM

I'll knock out a state for ya. Your pick:
KY, PA, VA, MD, NC, WV.

karmynsbeep 05-06-2015 05:22 PM

I call ky! I think this could turn into an awesome thread! I'm envious of the jeeper who gets to wheel this flag through the rubicon trail!

www.overlandoff-road.com

DunnyBunny 05-06-2015 05:35 PM

This is an awesome idea. I'll see what I can do about getting LA knocked out.

karmynsbeep 05-06-2015 05:45 PM

Can't wait to see pictures of it flying high!

www.overlandoff-road.com

goose142 05-06-2015 06:06 PM

Is anyone doing a trip in the next couple weeks?

DunnyBunny 05-06-2015 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by goose142 (Post 4095963)
Is anyone doing a trip in the next couple weeks?

We have a memorial weekend trip planned in Hot Springs, AR. Guess it wouldn't count for LA but can knock out AR at least.

goose142 05-06-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4095970)

We have a memorial weekend trip planned in Hot Springs, AR. Guess it wouldn't count for LA but can knock out AR at least.

When is it?

DunnyBunny 05-06-2015 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by goose142 (Post 4095976)

When is it?

Memorial day weekend. Lol

JK505 05-06-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4095988)
Memorial day weekend. Lol

Shake. My. Damn. Head. :rotflmao2:

DunnyBunny 05-06-2015 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by JK505 (Post 4095993)

Shake. My. Damn. Head. :rotflmao2:

No I can see how my OP was a little confusing.

MTNBKR 05-06-2015 07:10 PM

Between now and July i can take care of OH,PA and IN. Let me know. Would love to do it

NJKURPat 05-06-2015 07:48 PM

Windrock was sick, great trip with you boys.

JK505 05-06-2015 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by NJKURPat (Post 4096025)
Windrock was sick, great trip with you boys.

Agreed. Many memories made!

goose142 05-07-2015 04:03 AM

Okay glad to hear there is a following so far! So DunnyBunny it looks like you'll be the first to get the ball rolling (brain fart moment on the date). MTNBKR you might be the next one depending on when you go. My group might be wheeling in PA in the next couple months again.

Here are some ground rules.

1. Do not wash the flag (let that bad boy gather up all of Americas dust and mud).
2. You and your group must sign the flag upon the end of your trip. YOu must also write the Abbreviation of the state and year that you wheeled into one of the stars.
3. Take pictures! when I send the flag out I'll also include contact info to send me photos, I'm going to make a couple social media pages to post up the following of the flag.
4. You pay for shipping when you send it back, I pay for when I send it out to whoever. (it'll only be like 5 bucks probs)

Any questions?

TreyJK 05-07-2015 04:29 AM

What an awesome idea! I can take care of Oklahoma or maybe Colorado as I'll be heading there in June. I can't wait to see some photos of it being wheeled!

14Sport 05-07-2015 04:34 AM

I love this idea. That's awesome, goose! :thumbsup: You could even do it twice in each state so more can participate and do the stars on both sides. Although the flag looks like a thin printed one instead of embroidered so that may not work.

karmynsbeep 05-07-2015 04:46 AM

Also a detailed wheeling report of your time with the flag and pics would be awesome to see

www.overlandoff-road.com

MTNBKR 05-07-2015 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by goose142 (Post 4096116)
Okay glad to hear there is a following so far! So DunnyBunny it looks like you'll be the first to get the ball rolling (brain fart moment on the date). MTNBKR you might be the next one depending on when you go. My group might be wheeling in PA in the next couple months again. Here are some ground rules. 1. Do not wash the flag (let that bad boy gather up all of Americas dust and mud). 2. You and your group must sign the flag upon the end of your trip. YOu must also write the Abbreviation of the state and year that you wheeled into one of the stars. 3. Take pictures! when I send the flag out I'll also include contact info to send me photos, I'm going to make a couple social media pages to post up the following of the flag. 4. You pay for shipping when you send it back, I pay for when I send it out to whoever. (it'll only be like 5 bucks probs) Any questions?

Will be in PA in June and IN in July. Can do OH anytime as i live here. Standing by for more direction

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 05:22 AM

I'll contact Marcus from river city offroad and he should be able to knock out texas. He lives near hidden falls offroad park

goose142 05-07-2015 05:58 AM

Okay so I'm also going to add a captain's log to write trails reports and such

scafootballpro5 05-07-2015 06:46 AM

Subscribed to this cause it's a great idea! PA is probably gonna be taken too but I'd love to watch this happen.

goose142 05-07-2015 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4096132)
I love this idea. That's awesome, goose! :thumbsup: You could even do it twice in each state so more can participate and do the stars on both sides. Although the flag looks like a thin printed one instead of embroidered so that may not work.

^this idea is good

goose142 05-07-2015 07:17 AM

I just ordered the log book, once I get everything and set up the pages I'm going to send it to DunnyBunny. And then we'll get this all started.

14Sport 05-07-2015 07:31 AM

This is documentary material. Any independent film makers want to capture the story? Follow the flag, interview the wheelers, it would be awesome. :thumbsup:

karmynsbeep 05-07-2015 07:33 AM

I agree with sport!

www.overlandoff-road.com

Machoo 05-07-2015 07:43 AM

Pretty Cool

What a pretty cool idea. I'm out in California. Just hit the trails out in Anza Borrego a couple of weeks ago with some buddies. It's the second largest state park in the country. I could take it back out there. I'm also looking at hitting up the big event in Big Bear coming up so could take it for some runs up there as well.

Speaking of video here is a one minute clip of our trip in Anza. Perhaps we could all do a short clip like this.

https://youtu.be/HACIBkIdHR0

goose142 05-07-2015 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Machoo (Post 4096228)
What a pretty cool idea. I'm out in California. Just hit the trails out in Anza Borrego a couple of weeks ago with some buddies. It's the second largest state park in the country. I could take it back out there. I'm also looking at hitting up the big event in Big Bear coming up so could take it for some runs up there as well.

Speaking of video here is a one minute clip of our trip in Anza. Perhaps we could all do a short clip like this.

https://youtu.be/HACIBkIdHR0

Any videos or photos people take will end up on a blog page that I'll make along with log entries

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 04:25 PM

Pm sent. I got it lined up. Also need to make sure flag etiquette is addressed. I know background checks can't be done but I don't want it to end up as the next news story on Fox News. Lol

karmynsbeep 05-07-2015 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4096441)
Pm sent. I got it lined up. Also need to make sure flag etiquette is addressed. I know background checks can't be done but I don't want it to end up as the next news story on Fox News. Lol

Good point dunny I know in windrock the flag was treated with nothing but the highest respect! While it got dirty it never touched the ground and was folded and put away correctly. I would think that the flag holders who old glory visits will have the same reverence for the flag.

www.overlandoff-road.com

14Sport 05-07-2015 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny (Post 4096441)

Etiquette as in being flown on the right front...or as in no scumbags laying it on the ground and trampling it...like has been in the news lately?

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep (Post 4096444)

Good point dunny I know in windrock the flag was treated with nothing but the highest respect! While it got dirty it never touched the ground and was folded and put away correctly. I would think that the flag holders who old glory visits will have the same reverence for the flag.

www.overlandoff-road.com

That's what I'm talking about. I'll post a link so anyone who reads the post can read up on proper etiquette if they feel like. I'm military and need to touch up on it myself. The group it's going with I checked and made sure either there were military members or someone familiar with it. It's in good hands with us.

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 14Sport (Post 4096445)

Etiquette as in being flown on the right front...or as in no scumbags laying it on the ground and trampling it...like has been in the news lately?

What's been in the news lately is exactly what I was referring to when I mentioned it being the next news story. None of that. Lol.

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 04:43 PM

I mean follow as best you possibly can. Just don't blatantly disrespect it. You all know what I mean.

nh08jk 05-07-2015 04:43 PM

I can take care of NH And VT for you

goose142 05-07-2015 05:35 PM

I agree on respecting the flag. DunnyBunny I got your PM and I will send everything as soon as I get my logbook in the mail. I am also currently working on a website to log everything and I will post all the info when its done.

I will make:
-A blog website (I will also post everything identical on here as well, and will link everything), i will also make a sign up list for certain states so we know whats taken and what we need left
-an instagram for pictures
-a twitter
-a facebook page

The more things people send me the more I put up on all the sites, itll be a slow start but once we get a following this is going to be awesome.

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 05:40 PM

Sounds good

AnvilX14 05-07-2015 06:15 PM

This is a great idea. I will be going to the Jeep Jamboree in Attica Indiana at the Badlands. I will be leaving the Thursday after Memorial Day. Do you think it would be possible for DunnyBunny to get the flag to me in Michigan by Thursday before noon?

DunnyBunny 05-07-2015 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilX14 (Post 4096477)
This is a great idea. I will be going to the Jeep Jamboree in Attica Indiana at the Badlands. I will be leaving the Thursday after Memorial Day. Do you think it would be possible for DunnyBunny to get the flag to me in Michigan by Thursday before noon?

That could be possible. I'm not sure the major shippers will work on that Monday though. I'd have to check shipping rates for overnight or 2 day. It might be tough.

goose142 05-07-2015 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilX14 (Post 4096477)

What do you think DunnyBunny? Could you ship it directly to AnvilX14 after?