Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Maiden Voyage

Old 11-29-2010, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maiden Voyage

This past Friday I went wheeling in the Jeep for the first time. Stock X tires with 50k miles on them and all. I had friends to pull me out and over of anything I needed but I was greatly supprised at the little Jeep. My normal offroad vehicle is a 97 Z71 with 39.5 inch boggers. It does not crawl over anything, you must attack everything as if you are a mad man. The little Jeep went along as if nothing was there and kept on going. Other than getting crossed up on some rocks and skid plates hanging, I never hit reverse once. Other guys in slightly lifted trucks with much better tires than mine had tons of problems. At the end of the day we were talking about our next trip and one of the guys was asking how to get to a place that we were being discussed due to he could not find a trail his truck would make. He ask just what kind of rig do you have to have to get up there. I looked over and simply answered "A Jeep". Once again I am truly impressed by what the Jeep can do in it's stock form. Also there is nothing in the world like spending 5 hours stuck in traffic with a top speed of 10 mph when your surrounded be Jeeps and mud.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you had a great trip. Maybe the fella will buy a Jeep now. After a few more outings I'll bet they develop some sort of Jeep envy. Post up some pics if you took any.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

IM impressed with the stock setup as well, Im planing on upgrading my tires the spring but they havent let me down yet. Just don't call it "little jeep" lol..

Quick Reply: Maiden Voyage