Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Missouri Trails

Old 08-16-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in Lebanon for about 12 years and spent many hours riding around the Glade Top Trail area. I have not been there in about 5 yrs now; but the last time I was there, it was a lot of fun. There are a lot of fire roads and side trails to get lost on. I really enjoyed it and miss it alot! Lots of great scenery in the area. Its worth your time to visit.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WoodrowJKUW
Thank you for the info, I stopped by the Forest Service office in Rolla today and inquired about where one could go to trail ride IE get out in nature, take some photos so on and so fourth, I was handed a map of the Mark Twain National forest and was told, go to the court house and buy a permit for $15 and I would have access to all the roads on the map. Now, I need to look at this map and make sure I wouldn't be buying a permit for camping or just to drive any old road. So once I spread this map out across my pool table and take a close look at it, I will post more of my findings. Like I said before, Thank you guys for posting the info you have... You are all AWESOME!!!!
Did you ever make any since out of the map or the permit?
Old 09-23-2015, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Troy84
Did you ever make any since out of the map or the permit?
I have not, I have been out of state working..
Old 09-23-2015, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WoodrowJKUW
I have not, I have been out of state working..
Thats no fun, we spent last weekend 3 days at Smoor, that places get better each time we visit. I may do some exploring on Glade Top Trail on 10/3.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tae73
Thats no fun, we spent last weekend 3 days at Smoor, that places get better each time we visit. I may do some exploring on Glade Top Trail on 10/3.
It was a great time this last weekend at SMORR. Weather was PERFECT, and it was awesome seeing so many jeeps, new and old.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJinaJKU
It was a great time this last weekend at SMORR. Weather was PERFECT, and it was awesome seeing so many jeeps, new and old.
Yes it was, I can tell by you profile picture you ran was on flex and stuff. Did you see the video I posted on MWJT facebook page?
Old 09-23-2015, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tae73
Yes it was, I can tell by you profile picture you ran was on flex and stuff. Did you see the video I posted on MWJT facebook page?
maybe, I saw 2 edited videos that had good footage of Flex and stuff. One had a good clip of my buddy (sasquatch costume ) hanging is driver side front tire way up high on that same spot. I certainly didnt look as exciting going through. lol.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	4711
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	625256  
Old 09-24-2015, 01:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I am remiss in not posting this earlier. Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM) tell you what roads are open to what vehicles in national forests. They are a very valuable planning resource for those interested in putting together long routes through national forest areas. In fact, they are the only legal resource to keep one out of trouble: Just because another map shows a named/numbered road, that doesn't mean you're legal to drive on it. Not unless the MVUM says so, and for your type of vehicle. While I suspect that OP picked up a copy during his visit to Rolla, MVUMs are required by law to be available, online, for free ...

Mark Twain National Forest- Maps
Old 09-24-2015, 04:32 AM
JK Freak

Reading your post I thought Mark Twain as well. I haven't found anything that a stock jk couldn't make it thought there, but it's a nice relaxed place. I spend a lot of time at SMORR and JD's park in Joplin. I've never seen JD's busy, most of their traffic seems to be utv's and bikes. Also, make a trip down to Disney, OK one day. It's owned by the corps of engineers. It's free, good trails and lots of rocks if that's what you're looking for. I've been down there during the week, so I'm fairly certain it's open anytime between sunrise and sundown. Wheeling World in Eureka is another place that I've never seen busy. I haven't ever seen another person there that was outside of our group. It's a little smaller park, but some good lines. I know they're parks, but you could certainly do what you're looking for at any of them.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if you guys have heard of it but there is an off road park in Fulton, Mo called Potowatomi, about 30 minutes east of Columbia.
Potawatomi Offroad Park - Missouri Motorcycle and ATV Trails
It isn't maintained very well but its definitively something to make a day out of. Mostly creek beds and wooded trails and some good hills. The trails are pretty narrow with tree branches sticking out so if you don't want scratches be prepared to cut some branches down. Only $5 a person and not much more if you wanted to camp. Very laid back and never too busy.

Quick Reply: Missouri Trails