Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Monanche Meadows and Sherman Pass Trail

Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monanche Meadows and Sherman Pass Trail

This weekend my buddies and I went up to Monanche Meadows to go camping and on the way back down decided to run Sherman Pass Trail as well. Both trails were fun but I have to say Sherman Pass Trail was a blast! All in all it was a great experience and excellent views. Pics are below...

Heres a few pics on the way into Monanche Meadows.

A few of the river.

The fort for the night.

The next day...

And just before I cross the River.

More pics below...

Last edited by JKRay; 11-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heres my bud Ryan and his trout he caught.

After that we headed on to Sherman Pass Trail. Heres the start running it backwards...

Heres a few of the trail nothing to exciting haha

Doing a little flexing and teetering of the ground. Sorry for the glare Iphone pic

More Pictures Below...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Up on Sherman Peak Beautiful views...

After the peak we headed back down to Sherman rd and the rest of Sherman trail, which was very steep, not so wide and jagged rocks sticking up here or there. One got my gas can skid and hit it pretty hard but I guess thats why I have them. Sorry no pics here it was hard due to the steepness. Very fun trail though that I cant wait to do again. Heres the end point for me...

Last edited by JKRay; 11-05-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Been to Monache, it's beautiful and it was lots of fun
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Verdulken
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Been to Monache, it's beautiful and it was lots of fun
Thanks! Yea its very beautiful this was my first time going and it certainly wont be my last!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Heres a few more pictures I took with my camera before the batteries died.

On our way to Monanche Meadows...

On Monanche Meadows Trail

Last edited by JKRay; 11-05-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

I was just up at kennedy meadows riding M/C's 2 weeks ago. Totally beautiful area. i cant wait to go back with the jeep. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big dr
I was just up at kennedy meadows riding M/C's 2 weeks ago. Totally beautiful area. i cant wait to go back with the jeep. Thanks for the inspiration.
No problem, it's awesome seeing such beautiful area!! It's amazing!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

How tough was the Sherman trail? Seen some video that made me think it must be tough on tires.
Did you do this trail with one vehicle? Pretty brave, if so. See anybody along the way?

I bet it was cold in Monache at night. Camped there a month ago and it got into the 20's. Your pictures show more water in the S. Fork Kern than when I was there, so they must have caught some rain. 2 years ago I got a 16" and a 14" golden from the lower Meadow.

Glad you had a great time with your boy.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grand Umpah
How tough was the Sherman trail? Seen some video that made me think it must be tough on tires.
Did you do this trail with one vehicle? Pretty brave, if so. See anybody along the way?

I bet it was cold in Monache at night. Camped there a month ago and it got into the 20's. Your pictures show more water in the S. Fork Kern than when I was there, so they must have caught some rain. 2 years ago I got a 16" and a 14" golden from the lower Meadow.

Glad you had a great time with your boy.
It's to me more of a moderate trail with the exception of one spot that was rocky and steep and the last part that was really steep. Yea I did the trail with my one jeep but my family knew where I was at and when I was supposed to be off the trail but I won't be going alone any more because I wouldn't feel safe. I didn't see anyone on the trail but of course I went up on a Sunday. I would say its not that tough on tires.

Heck yea it was down to 19 degrees at night very cold but pretty fun. Dress in layers haha Actually I'm 20 and don't have a kid they are my friends you see in the pictures.

Quick Reply: Monanche Meadows and Sherman Pass Trail