Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

New Mexico

Old 12-09-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mexico

Thinking about planning a trip out to New Mexico. Anyone have any places I should visit. Really looking for trails and some sight seeing as well. Any places to avoid? Also any trail books I should look up.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

You might check out my video from a trip earlier this year. Nothing technical but beautiful countryside and scenic drive over dirt roads. If that suits your needs, PM me and I can forward route info.

NMxSW, March 2014: http://youtu.be/UB6r5QZQ-yI
Old 01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mexico

Originally Posted by RubicAn11
Thinking about planning a trip out to New Mexico. Anyone have any places I should visit. Really looking for trails and some sight seeing as well. Any places to avoid? Also any trail books I should look up.
Check these places out - Rio Costilla Park...the Latir Lakes. Gilla Wildernes. Valle Vidal National Preserve. Jemez. Red River area. Farmington is GR8! Socorro too. New Mexico is an adventure...enjoy the ride!

Last edited by ibezu2; 01-22-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is chokecherry in Farmington not mentioned?! They used to host the we rock events here. Wide variety of trails from mild to holy shit that buggy cant even do that... Otherwise gordys ohv in Socorro is pretty good. Also red lake.

Quick Reply: New Mexico