Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

online folder with downloadable trail maps

Old 06-02-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default online folder with downloadable trail maps

Hey there!

I posted this on another forum and figured since I creep here often as well (though no too often because no Tapatalk :/) I'd do it here too. I'm just going to paste in the other post:

What's up, Freaks?

I started to put together a Google Drive folder with trail maps for me to access when I'm out and about. They're all downloadable so you can store them to your phone/tablet in town in case there's no signal in the woods.

So far I've just got the NFS maps of Huron-Manistee National Forest and some random MI DNR maps. I plan to add more, probably all of them eventually, even if I don't plan to wheel there just cause I like looking at maps.

Anyway, I'm in Ann Arbor, MI so I'll probably stick mostly to MI and upper Ohio and Illinois. Might also add popular trails like Rubicon and a few others that aren't nearby.

If this seems like a good idea and people'd like to contribute I can set up the folder so anyone can add to it. I would just ask that no one delete anything.

If you're not familiar with Google Drive check it out! It's a neat product and perfect for sharing files like this.

So, finally, here's the damn link, lol
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B...oxUkRmUkU/edit

Take care!
Tony

Edit: just remembered that there is a zip file in there and others will probably be added. Those will be kmz or something like that files that you open in Google Earth. Then it shows that trail laid out over a digital globe! Because, maps! 😀

Quick Reply: online folder with downloadable trail maps