Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Ophir Pass?

Old 08-22-2017, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ophir Pass?

Hi all, we're in Ouray for the next few days and I'm weighing my options on which trails to do the next 4 days. One on the top of my list was Black Bear and the only thing that would stop me was rain. Wouldn't ya know it it rained here today and is supposed to the next few days. Now I'm thinking I'll do Ophir to Telluride and Imogene back to Ouray. Any and all opinions welcome. To give you an idea of my abilities, we did Pearl Pass a couple days ago and it was just a little above my comfort level. It was scary but we made it fine. Thanks guys.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Ophir is basically just a gravel road. we just got back and did Black bear in the ran and sleet and it was no problem. Ophir was foggy but it is like I said just a road.
Imogene was wet and foggy too but it too is just a road.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If pearl pass was close to your limit Black Bear will be a tough one for you. Black Bear is a beautiful trail and you don't
Have to do the switch backs just turn around at the sign.

Go up yankee boy basin. Also a easy gravel road is last dollar road. Between Ridgeway and Telluride. Great view of the SanJ Juans Enjoy.

Quick Reply: Ophir Pass?