Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

ozark overland trail AR

Old 01-06-2014, 01:40 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by powellmj
Mark,

Thanks for the great video and photos. My brother and I have been looking for good Jeep trails that we could do an overnight or two on and this sounds great. If you are making plans again anytime soon, would be grateful for an update. Very interested in trying this one soon.

Michael
Originally Posted by HiTekRedneck327
Count me in too. I like riding around in Arkansas and this sounds like a lot of fun. K-Trail has been on my to-ride list for a while and I will be adding this one as well.
Originally Posted by tae73
Looks like a blast, I would love to make this trip.
If anyone is interested in the map info I have for this trail, PM me an e-mail address and I will send it to you. The map info can be imported into Google Earth to examine the trail, and is compatible with many GPS devices to allow you to follow the trail. If you have an Android device (phone or tablet), you could use it with Backcountry Navigator app, for example. I'm sure there are compatible iOS apps, just not anything that I work with.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the videos and info. I'm going with a group of fj cruiser guys at the end of march so i'm trying to get a handle on what to expect. I've been to superlift in hot springs and barnwell mountain in gilmer tx. from what i gather this should be a cake walk as far as technical driving for the most part. I just need to learn how to pack for camping lol
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 PM
JK Newbie

I've also wanted do try this trail out, looks like fun. I like the multi day trips where you can camp out in BFE
Old 02-17-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran across some free topo/road maps of this area, if you click return R8 area at top it will show all of the districts you can get maps.

USDA Forest Service FSGeodata Clearinghouse - FSTopo Primary Base Series / States & Territories

USDA Forest Service FSGeodata Clearinghouse - FSTopo Primary Base Series / States & Territories

Last edited by tae73; 02-17-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
PM sent. ........
Interested in the GPS points for this trail.. We will be running this trail in March from Southern MO. hollin07@aol.com
Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by bronco7458
Interested in the GPS points for this trail.. We will be running this trail in March from Southern MO. hollin07@aol.com
Sent. Have fun, stay safe!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If anyone is interested in the map info I have for this trail, PM me an e-mail address and I will send it to you. The map info can be imported into Google Earth to examine the trail, and is compatible with many GPS devices to allow you to follow the trail. If you have an Android device (phone or tablet), you could use it with Backcountry Navigator app, for example. I'm sure there are compatible iOS apps, just not anything that I work with.
Can you send me the info as well pls. My wife and I plan on doing this later this year. We will be taking my JKU and her 03 Liberty Renegade with a 3.5" lift, full skids, rear locker, f/r tow points, and soon snorkel. And maybe a few more Jeeps, if I can con a person or two.

mjkrawler@yahoo.com
Old 03-15-2014, 01:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur

Can you send me the info as well pls. My wife and I plan on doing this later this year. We will be taking my JKU and her 03 Liberty Renegade with a 3.5" lift, full skids, rear locker, f/r tow points, and soon snorkel. And maybe a few more Jeeps, if I can con a person or two.

mjkrawler@yahoo.com
My wife, my brother, and I plan on doing this later this year as well. Maybe we'll see you out there.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Have I sent the trail info to everyone who requested it? If not, please PM me as I'm less likely to overlook that.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, got the information. Thanks Alot........

Quick Reply: ozark overland trail AR