Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Petition to save Johnson Valley

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petition to save Johnson Valley

There's a petition being circulated in an effort to save Johnson Valley from being annexed by the Marine Corps.

The link is here.

I've already signed it.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless a petition is in writing with written signatures, it's not legal and binding.
I refer you to: hxxp://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp
Old 03-21-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Petitions, written or internet, are not legal and binding to begin with, they are merely an attempt to influence a decision through a showing of the number of supporters.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Whether it is binding in court or not, there is nothing wrong with speaking up to protect this hobby we have all invested so much time and money to enjoy!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I signed it, eventhough I don't know this place or live remotely close to it. Just showing my support.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Whether it is binding in court or not, there is nothing wrong with speaking up to protect this hobby we have all invested so much time and money to enjoy!
Not disagreeing with in the LEAST. I'm ALL for it. I was just letting you know that you might have trouble unless there were written signatures, that's all.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Default bump

ill sign this.

Last edited by Conradfreedumb; 03-23-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: or faux sign it
Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've signed it. I think what RedneckJeep was getting at is that there are certain situations in which the law has set out certain protections for citizens. In those cases where petitions are allowed the Internet version would be insufficient.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Not disagreeing with in the LEAST. I'm ALL for it. I was just letting you know that you might have trouble unless there were written signatures, that's all.
We'll have more trouble if we do nothing...I have been fighting land grabs and trail closures for almost 20 years now! Everyone, please sign
Old 03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

The more I think about it, the more I realize that the real issue here isn't one of whether or not an internet petition is legitimate, the real issue is one of banding together as a group of people who share a common interest and making our voices heard. Its a step in the right direction.

Even if none of the 'mover and shakers' pay a bit of attention to it, we have won a victory. How? By coming together as a group in support of the hobby/sport that we all enjoy, and beginning to make some noise. Maybe not as much as groups like "The Sierra Club", but its still a step in the right direction.

With that said, if you haven't already, I urge you to sign the petition, join with us in support of offroading, hopefully we can keep the momentum going and really begin to make a difference.

Quick Reply: Petition to save Johnson Valley