Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Playing in the snow drifts

Old 01-05-2009, 01:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome videos! I've had mine in the snow and she does great! There's a couple times it looked like you were going to be stuck but you fought it very well.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Yes I was close to getting stuck and what I didnt realize is that all the snow packed onto the skid plate and then froze solid so when I went back for more the next day I had 8" less clearence under the middle of the Jeep.. needless to say I did end up getting stuck in about 3' of snow and also some ruts.... The ice on the bottom of the skidplate ended up running a ground and high centering me until me and a buddy got out and used a small tree (4" in diameter) a 1.5 Ton come along, and about 50 feet of lifting straps to pull me out of the ruts..... now there is even more ice built up under my Jeep and it melts a little from the heat of the tranny and makes a thick icicle which I have to beak free from every morning
Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Ahhhh! That looks like a very pleasant day. Thanks for the videos.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 AM
JK Jedi

Nice clips, looks chilly.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool video!!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Must be nice to have some snow its going to hit 80 deg here on thursday.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

For a moment, it looked like you were gonna need a snow plow to get out your driveway

JK to the rescue ... Thanks for the videos. The snow looks like FUN
Old 01-07-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Very fun! I bet your ESP was going nuts if it wasn't cut already. Was all the smoke from the tranny? I hope it wasn't clutch if you have a manual.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

The smoke is actually steam it is -30C up here on that day so as soon as the snow hits the tranny it was melting.
I have the ESP completely turned off due to the fact that it limits the power when it senses slipping and I almost got in a huge accident because of it.. IT IS ALWAYS SLIPPERY AROUND HERE AND THE JK ALREADY HAS NO POWER.
I find the jeep does way better in the snow with esp turned off.. the only time I re enable it is when I am making a trip down the hiway and the road conditions are very icy because it keeps the back end in check althought I have been doing some hiway in 4hi without ESP and it does just as well if not better especially for passing
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by john smack
The smoke is actually steam it is -30C up here on that day so as soon as the snow hits the tranny it was melting.
I have the ESP completely turned off due to the fact that it limits the power when it senses slipping and I almost got in a huge accident because of it.. IT IS ALWAYS SLIPPERY AROUND HERE AND THE JK ALREADY HAS NO POWER.
I find the jeep does way better in the snow with esp turned off.. the only time I re enable it is when I am making a trip down the hiway and the road conditions are very icy because it keeps the back end in check althought I have been doing some hiway in 4hi without ESP and it does just as well if not better especially for passing
not to get off topic bud did u do the steering wheel dance to shut the esp off

Quick Reply: Playing in the snow drifts