Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Project-JK : 2011 JK Experience Rocky Mountain Run

Old 09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandbar
Thank you for a great job and a preview of what we can look forward to in our jeeping future. We are leaving the great Northwest on Monday headed for the Ouray area for some jeepin adventures! Again, thanks for some outstanding photo coverage of your adventure and congratulations on surviving this trip.
Ouray was definitely my favorite town we stopped in during the JKX. The drive into that place is amazing!! Only wish we had more time to spend exploring Ouray. There is no shortage of epic scenery in and around this part of CO. Carnage Canyon and Chinaman's Gulch are not too far and worth the effort to tackle, but be prepared if you take on Carnage Canyon, you are more than likely going to break or damage some parts. Good luck if you take on the challenges in CO
Old 09-15-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Absolutely amazing! I am a bit speechless; I hope to have the opportunity to be apart of the JK-X someday! Thanks for the awesome write-up!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Great pics...I really want to visit CO someday and doing it in a JK seems the best way to do it
Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow!
I have been following any, and all, the threads I could find on this adventure. This one ties them all together for a real feeling of the trip.

It was especially cool to see some of the people I know personally. It gave me a great deal of pleasure seeing you all tackle this mountain trek as a group, and it got me involved on the vicarious level more than it would have otherwise.

Speaking of which, I have to go find a towel to dry off my sweatty palms.

Thanks also go out to the Sponsors for showcasing their stuff in real world situations. It takes a lot of guts to back up your sales pitches with demos like these.

I have some already, but will be getting more of your stuff as money and circumstances allow.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blonda
Great pics...I really want to visit CO someday and doing it in a JK seems the best way to do it
It didn't take but a few years of living in Colorado before I had to take the plunge and get a JK to truly explore this awesome state. If you and Frank make it out here, look us up! We'll have to show you guys some of the lesser known trails with the best views.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
I am passionate about my karaoke.
Great review for sure.
As I mentioned earlier in another thread I never want to tear apart a dana 44 again.
honestly, you were awesome

as far as dana 44's go, man, i feel your pain - that had to of sucked

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
No that looks like the definition of "Epic" Adventure!
oh yeah, epic enough that i'm still beat from it.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandbar
Thank you for a great job and a preview of what we can look forward to in our jeeping future. We are leaving the great Northwest on Monday headed for the Ouray area for some jeepin adventures! Again, thanks for some outstanding photo coverage of your adventure and congratulations on surviving this trip.
trust me, you're gonna love colorado

we're trying to work hard and get a video of our trip done as soon as we can

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Ouray was definitely my favorite town we stopped in during the JKX. The drive into that place is amazing!! Only wish we had more time to spend exploring Ouray. There is no shortage of epic scenery in and around this part of CO. Carnage Canyon and Chinaman's Gulch are not too far and worth the effort to tackle, but be prepared if you take on Carnage Canyon, you are more than likely going to break or damage some parts. Good luck if you take on the challenges in CO
ouray was awesome and, i too wish we could has explored the town and area more. as far as carnage canyon goes, that was definitely a trail i will never forget. i just need to go again and be the one who gets to do the driving
Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i just need to go again and be the one who gets to do the driving
WOL, when you go I need a heads up on the date my friend! You can pilot Moby and I will get my EVOJEEP crawling right behind you this time...... I need my shot at that beast of a canyon, since I played the part of spotter last run. This will give WOLette and Mel their turn at the spotter position

Last edited by GCM 2; 09-15-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Next time a JK-hater tells me that we don't do hardcore trails, I'm going to show them this shot!! Nicely done - very impressive!!:

Old 09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CALIJK
Next time a JK-hater tells me that we don't do hardcore trails, I'm going to show them this shot!! Nicely done - very impressive!!:

No kidding! And if I recall this was a day Wayoflifette was driving! Kickin' ass Cindy

Quick Reply: Project-JK : 2011 JK Experience Rocky Mountain Run