Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Project-JK SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run 2007 Pics

Old 06-01-2007, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't that you didn't have a lift, it was the stock tires that were not aired down. I run 35" MT's but the size doesn't matter, it is that I aired down to 8 pounds. I never had a problem on that trail. A good set of MT's with low air pressure and you'll be fine.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
Well..I guess I'll answer your question considering that would be me. I pretty much did OK for the most part. There were a couple of areas I couldn't go over since I didn't have the clearance......YET........ but I hung out on the bypass roads and took some great shots. The steep hill climb was a bit hairy since we didn't have lockers or better tires but we still made it up with everyone else I came away with NO damage. Of course, I knew my limitations and did what my spotters told me to. This trip did show me that I need to get a lift and bigger tires..which, BTW, I am getting early July

toad
Aah, more lift may have allowed you to take on bigger stuff but you and your X did great and you made every single obstical you took on. As IGOFSHN said, a little less air and maybe some better tires alone would have done wonders for you.

Quick Reply: Project-JK SoCal Memorial Day Weekend Newbie Run 2007 Pics