Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Project-JK VIDEO - The Dusy : Adventures on the Dusy Ershim Trail

Old 06-19-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video.
It brings back great times and not so great times, but always great friends.
Like you said at the end; I'd do it again too.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome as usual! How long was the trip?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default sweet vid

amazing how good they are always. \
Old 06-19-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love the video. I've hiked that area. would love to take Bessie there. A most beautiful place, however you choose to visit.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi

Great Video
Old 06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow, I knew you guys were running the trail, and I know you've talked about it since, but I didn't realize the Dusy was actually the final resting place of the D44 R&P (I remember you saying "not if, but when," then next time I saw your rig you were rolling on the 60).

Watching you struggle after that break reminds me a lot of my Rubicon adventure a couple years ago... I was in RWD, but it was still a brutal 10 mi. of trail to the Tahoe side.

Great vid as always guys... see you in July?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:32 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechengineer2
1st class job you guys! A great adventure and well told through the video. I think there are a lot of us out there that just stop what we're doing whenever the next Project-JK video is released. You guys are the best!

Putting in a Pro Rock 44 this Thursday. Jeep is pulled apart ready for the new frontend. Now, after seeing the trail damage in the video, you guys have me thinking Pro Rock 60 for the rear. Dang it! Couldn't shell out the big ... BIG ... bucks for the full Pro Rock 60 package just yet. Had to go el cheapo with the Pro Rock 44 housing to give me some added insurance up front. Pro Rock 60 in the rear is definitely next on the list.
LOL!! Thanks
Also, being that you're a 2-door and running 37's, I think you'll be fine with the 44 rear.

Originally Posted by Candlemuse
Thanks for sharing , amazing video
Glad you liked it

Originally Posted by Rum Runner JK
SO does this mean my 2wd would be better if it were fwd??
no, you'd have a hell of a time trying to get off this trail either way.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Trail Bud
Great video.
It brings back great times and not so great times, but always great friends.
Like you said at the end; I'd do it again too.
yeah, i absolutely hated the trail when we were done but, 2 years after the fact and looking through the footage we took, it brought nothing but fond memories - go figure

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Awesome as usual! How long was the trip?
most people do this trail with 3 nights of camping. all the rigs in our group were capable enough to do it in 1 night of camping if we wanted to. it just all depends but really, you should want to take your time on this trail and enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Topjimmy
amazing how good they are always. \
thank you
Old 06-19-2011, 08:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Inyo JK
Love the video. I've hiked that area. would love to take Bessie there. A most beautiful place, however you choose to visit.
we've done some hiking up there too and the dusy is just as pretty

Originally Posted by PainKiller
Great Video
thank you

Originally Posted by toad
Awesome video once again!

We had camped down at the bottom of Chicken Rock a while ago. We were by ourselves so we opted to not attempt any of that trail but watched a few come down the rock. Definitely looks intense.
thanks - definitely not a trail to do on your own. chicken rock really is a mind screw

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Wow, I knew you guys were running the trail, and I know you've talked about it since, but I didn't realize the Dusy was actually the final resting place of the D44 R&P (I remember you saying "not if, but when," then next time I saw your rig you were rolling on the 60).

Watching you struggle after that break reminds me a lot of my Rubicon adventure a couple years ago... I was in RWD, but it was still a brutal 10 mi. of trail to the Tahoe side.

Great vid as always guys... see you in July?
LOL!! yeah, i'd have to say that your rubicon story came to mind once or twice as i was trying to work ourselves out of that trail
Old 06-20-2011, 03:43 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks once again. Great video, you open a window for those of us outside the US to experience tracks that we can only dream about. To many track closures down here, most of the tracks we could drive on 20 years ago are now closed. They don't call us the nanny country for nothing. Bloody hell, we may hurt ourselves out there.

Quick Reply: Project-JK VIDEO - The Dusy : Adventures on the Dusy Ershim Trail