Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Road trip MI to FL... Stops???

Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road trip MI to FL... Stops???

Heading down for a Vacation with the girl and family driving separate. wondering if anybody has any neat stops, short trails, things to see along I-75 that is worth the time. As much as I love driving 20+ hours straight in a JK on 40's, some breaks in the trip would be awesome... <insert sarcasm here...

Thanks guys, i know some of you have some good stuff along the way... and yes, I already now about your local Hooters...
Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

My family and I are also making the drive from MI to Florida next Thursday afternoon (leaving from Muskegon). I wish we could do trails the whole way there, but that's not gonna happen. I'm driving on 35s and have a grand budgeted for gas. What kind of mpg do you get with your 40s?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fun guys. We'll be doing a summer trip to Destin. If you were going there via I65, there's a great bbq shack, and I mean shack, along the way, that I could tell you about plus our back way in.

Wondering, are you guys running a car top carrier &/or hitch rack. We'll be bringing our dogs and will be keeping them in the trunk area. Thought about a swing out hitch rack in addition to a car top carrier.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aragorn
Have fun guys. We'll be doing a summer trip to Destin. If you were going there via I65, there's a great bbq shack, and I mean shack, along the way, that I could tell you about plus our back way in. Wondering, are you guys running a car top carrier &/or hitch rack. We'll be bringing our dogs and will be keeping them in the trunk area. Thought about a swing out hitch rack in addition to a car top carrier.
We will use a hitch rack and the trunk area for our stuff.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Stop halfway Col Sanders KFC in Corbin KY. huge water park there too. Just twenty miles down, and in TN, is the jeep badge of honor trails at Windrock park and the home of the Atom Bomb -oak ridge Tn
Old 04-06-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
My family and I are also making the drive from MI to Florida next Thursday afternoon (leaving from Muskegon). I wish we could do trails the whole way there, but that's not gonna happen. I'm driving on 35s and have a grand budgeted for gas. What kind of mpg do you get with your 40s?
mid 14-15 ish mpg with 40's and 5.13's. Not too shabby. Might just take the new convertible camaro though and save the gas, plus I keep finding more things wrong with the jeep.... not that it is a surprise.
Was planning on just pacing it all in the back... 07 unlimited and only me and the girl, flip down the seats and load up
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would make a stop at the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on the border of TN and NC. Visit Cade's Cove and take Parsons Branch Road from Cade's Cove to leave. Area is beautiful and worth the little trip!

Quick Reply: Road trip MI to FL... Stops???