Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

RUBICON: A Legendary Jeep Trail & Off-Road Adventure - COMPLETE VIDEO SERIES

Old 10-05-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Eddie and Cindy for preserving those great memories in such a cool video series! Part 3 is my favorite. I hope I can go again next year! And also MOAB...

For all those wondering about my Jeep and what happened - the lockers were on - I took my eyes off the road for 2 seconds to find the button to turn them off and that's when the mishap took place. I did not have PSC steering assist and could not turn the wheel into the fall to save myself. I have since had PSC steering assist installed and more practice. Thanks again to the great guys who winched her up and got me going again!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent video series. The editting was fantastic and the trail looked awesome. I would love to make it out that way one day and do some trails.

That terrain is simply amazing, as is the landscape.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow the 3rd video seemed the hardest!
Was wild watching the wrench being welded to the axle.

All three were great, thanks for sharing your trip with us fellow JK owners
Old 10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Awesome series as always! Hopefully someday I'll be able to run some of the gnarly stuff you guys do. Not all that much on the EC...
Old 10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Lovin' it!

Video series is flipping awesome! Editing was top notch, too. That took a lot of work on and off the trail! Sure makes me want to turn my old TJ into a project vehicle. My JK is still too new and I'm sure the bank wouldn't appreciate the body damage on THEIR vehicle.

Great job on the video, guys!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Wink Some day!

I enjoyed every second of this 3 part video production! Thank you Way Of Life and Lifette I do plan on making it down to the Rubicon some day, however not some day soon unfortunately. My handle is Maritime because I'm from New Brunswick, however I live in Alberta now. So it's a little bit of a drive but one I can't waite to make!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Default The Canadians are on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by wazupfred View Post
Hey Eddie,

Just wondering, did the Canadians ever join the forum it's not like they don't know...it's all over our Jeeps

wazupfred

Originally Posted by wayoflife
honestly, i don't know if they did but, if they are on the forum, i don't know what they're screen names are.

thank you.
Hi Guys,

Don here (with the almost stock black JK) we eventually did join the forum. We really appreciated what you guys did for us on the trail, and absolutely wanted to be a part of this community. We had lots of people stop to watch us (expecting carnage) but not too many willing to help. We love the videos, the story stretched a little bit as time went on (as all good stories do), but it was definitely a memorable trip. I will be going back, but next time with about 3" or so more lift and on 35s.

Cheers all!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepofun
Quote Originally Posted by wazupfred View Post
Hey Eddie,

Just wondering, did the Canadians ever join the forum it's not like they don't know...it's all over our Jeeps

wazupfred

Hi Guys,

Don here (with the almost stock black JK) we eventually did join the forum. We really appreciated what you guys did for us on the trail, and absolutely wanted to be a part of this community. We had lots of people stop to watch us (expecting carnage) but not too many willing to help. We love the videos, the story stretched a little bit as time went on (as all good stories do), but it was definitely a memorable trip. I will be going back, but next time with about 3" or so more lift and on 35s.

Cheers all!
Welcome to the forum guys!!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:09 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper
Great Job Eddie and Cindy!!

I am hoping to one day build my JKU up just enough to bring my boys and join you guys on the RUBICON!!

Thank you again for the great site and excellent advice you offer everyday!

~4x4Jeeper~
well, we're glad that we've been able to help you out and you know we'd love to have you join us!

Originally Posted by Inyo JK
Thanks Eddie and Cindy for preserving those great memories in such a cool video series! Part 3 is my favorite. I hope I can go again next year! And also MOAB...

For all those wondering about my Jeep and what happened - the lockers were on - I took my eyes off the road for 2 seconds to find the button to turn them off and that's when the mishap took place. I did not have PSC steering assist and could not turn the wheel into the fall to save myself. I have since had PSC steering assist installed and more practice. Thanks again to the great guys who winched her up and got me going again!!!
definitely need to get you out with us again soon and as far as MOAB goes -

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Excellent video series. The editting was fantastic and the trail looked awesome. I would love to make it out that way one day and do some trails.

That terrain is simply amazing, as is the landscape.
if it's something you can do, it's definitely something that needs to be done
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by John_B
Wow the 3rd video seemed the hardest!
Was wild watching the wrench being welded to the axle.

All three were great, thanks for sharing your trip with us fellow JK owners
glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by fadeout
Awesome series as always! Hopefully someday I'll be able to run some of the gnarly stuff you guys do. Not all that much on the EC...
it'd be a hell of a drive but, i think you'd find it worth it

Originally Posted by dabeave92
Video series is flipping awesome! Editing was top notch, too. That took a lot of work on and off the trail! Sure makes me want to turn my old TJ into a project vehicle. My JK is still too new and I'm sure the bank wouldn't appreciate the body damage on THEIR vehicle.

Great job on the video, guys!
thank you and as far as your JK goes, i think you would find it to be way more capable of running the rubicon as is then would your TJ with a lot of help. trust me, i've owned a built up TJ and there really is no comparison.