Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Sea Creek/Rock Creek Trails (The Ride Formally Known As BEASELY)

Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What story??? No idea what you are talking about!!

Anyway, on the last trail of the day. Matt led us to the end and we all turned around. I jumped in the lead and took off. Came around this corner and the path straightened up for a while. I saw this small branch hanging down in the middle of this tight path. Should just ran under it like I did going the other way; plus it wouldn't have done anything like the 1000 others that day. I decided to miss it and went to the edge of the trail where it was so soft, the edge gave away and I damn near went off the side. Had it not been those 2-3 inch trees that the Jeep was resting on; I probably would have been at the bottom of the mountain. Anyway, had Tony and Edwin try out their new winch pulling me out. Edwin took video of it and others have pics.

Hey, someone had to do something for everyone to talk about.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REDR0CKJK
(Jason slingin circles in it was one of my favorite parts of the day... )
Awesome.. me too

That was my favorite part, other than talking Jeep stuff with you guys during our picture breaks.

I felt really dumb for not getting up the first hill. That trip was my first time That was my first time putting it into 4wd and apparently I f'd up either 4-lo or lockers or something.. and that's why I didnt try any of the other things. I'm a newb to Jeeps & offroading. After I sit down with the owners manual, I will try more things.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Edwin took video of it and others have pics.
I'm glad you and your Jeep are safe. When you get the pics, post them up here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/winch-action-pics-18745/
Old 10-31-2007, 05:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fraud
I felt really dumb for not getting up the first hill. That trip was my first time That was my first time putting it into 4wd and apparently I f'd up either 4-lo or lockers or something.. and that's why I didnt try any of the other things. I'm a newb to Jeeps & offroading. After I sit down with the owners manual, I will try more things.
I'm sure it was probably embarrassing, but it wasn't a big deal. You're learning and no one worth a damn will hold that against you. And even if you didn't try anything after that you saw others do it and have a better idea of what you can do. It's all part of the learning. It's not a competition, you're just out there to have fun, and I could tell your Jeep had some pent up need to go crazy in the big pool which you unleashed!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Had it not been those 2-3 inch trees that the Jeep was resting on; I probably would have been at the bottom of the mountain. Anyway, had Tony and Edwin try out their new winch pulling me out. Edwin took video of it and others have pics.

Hey, someone had to do something for everyone to talk about.
I'm just glad you and your Jeep weren't really hurt. I'd just as much rather talk about you and Matt trying out for some new JeepSpeed mountain racing competition like it seemed you were.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
I'm just glad you and your Jeep weren't really hurt. I'd just as much rather talk about you and Matt trying out for some new JeepSpeed mountain racing competition like it seemed you were.
!HELL YEA BOI!
haha
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
I'm sure it was probably embarrassing, but it wasn't a big deal. You're learning and no one worth a damn will hold that against you. And even if you didn't try anything after that you saw others do it and have a better idea of what you can do. It's all part of the learning. It's not a competition, you're just out there to have fun, and I could tell your Jeep had some pent up need to go crazy in the big pool which you unleashed!
Thanks for the kind words, Tony. I appreciate it. I do think I have a better idea of what mine can do by watching you and yours. Unfortunately, I am getting an urge to trade it for a 4-door 08 Rubi. I want to build up the 2-door and enjoy the hell out of it, but my fiancee wants more room but doesnt really want me to trade. I dont get her sometimes.

Anyway, thanks again for the comment. I am set on learning more about the Jeep. I have always wanted one and now that I have it, I have a lot of learning and catching up to do.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I loved that ride...
i wish we could do it every weekend...
I cant freakin wait till the next one....
and i still want the recovery vid up on here...
Old 11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by REDR0CKJK
I loved that ride...
i wish we could do it every weekend...
I cant freakin wait till the next one....
and i still want the recovery vid up on here...
That makes two of us on all points! I shouldn't have a problem getting up there about once a month or so (with a gap in there in the real cold months) -- although a snow run could be fun. It's been awhile since I played in the snow (much more enjoyable when you don't have to go through it to work).

Quick Reply: Sea Creek/Rock Creek Trails (The Ride Formally Known As BEASELY)