Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

STUCK in middle of nowhere.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You couldda used a skyhook.
dude what is a skyhook? Is that like a pullpal or what they use on the C130 Hercules?
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CodyB4C
Man, I bet you had fun cleaning that interior.
interior is still covered in mud! hahaha....I hate it because it gets my work clothes all dirtied up but oh well, ill hose it down next time i have top and doors off haha.

a sky hook? i did not have one available! haha
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Freak

I know what a kycrane is as well what I don't want to know is the price associated with needing one!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Fallen Hero

SO what was the total recovery time? I got my quad stuck like this once in Alaska. Good news I had a winch on it, bad news was my cable was not long enough to hook up to anything that would hold
Old 05-01-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 150
SO what was the total recovery time? I got my quad stuck like this once in Alaska. Good news I had a winch on it, bad news was my cable was not long enough to hook up to anything that would hold
well...lets see..First i tried digging out with a small plank of wood i found, that did not even begin to work. It was just too hard because body was sucked into mud, so it was sunctioned to the mud pretty good. Sooo i took a few minutes to kind of cool down and take situation in, and see if there was an ok winching point. THe powerline was my only option, luckily it was huge but it still made me very nervous. once i was all out, i would say it took me 30 minutes. maybe 45 actually. Not too bad all in all...

with no winch no chance i could have gotten it out that night...I actually today went and bought a fold up shovel and small axe for the next battle haha
Old 05-02-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
dude what is a skyhook? Is that like a pullpal or what they use on the C130 Hercules?

Naw. A skyhook is this thing you use when you ain't got nuthin to hook on to. You get it out, throw it up around a cloud and pull yerself out. You know, along the same lines as a board stretcher.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

pffttt....didn't you guys see "Lone Wolf McQuade" with Chuck Norris circa 1983? C'mon it was his 8th starring movie role, remember the supercharged dodge ram, completely buried by the dozer? All ya have to do is like Chuck Norris take a "Pearl" beer, take a sip, pour it on your head, crank up the Jeep, hit the supercharger and hit it...works everytime...guaranteed...here's proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkyi1_l6po Fast Fwd to 2:02 mins into the clip...

That's how I always get unstuck
Old 05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
pffttt....didn't you guys see "Lone Wolf McQuade" with Chuck Norris circa 1983? C'mon it was his 8th starring movie role, remember the supercharged dodge ram, completely buried by the dozer? All ya have to do is like Chuck Norris take a "Pearl" beer, take a sip, pour it on your head, crank up the Jeep, hit the supercharger and hit it...works everytime...guaranteed...here's proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQkyi1_l6po Fast Fwd to 2:02 mins into the clip...

That's how I always get unstuck
HAHAAHAHA!!! Chuck Norris is a Beast!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

I firmly agree with protection and recovery being a priority. I have a friend that refuses to build his LJ because he wants to get it paid off first. He now has crunched both front fenders, the driver side rocker panel has been curled under and the rear PS corner and light have been crunched. Meanwhile, the only dents I have on the 4 door Rubi are from the mirrors on the doors hitting the hood cowl. I am a firm believer in bumpers and rockers, and winch before anything.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exactly what he said!

Originally Posted by karnuvore
First mod I got for my jeep was a bumper/winch. Wife was not happy with the money I spent til one dark night in the swamp. Got stuck in some nasty ruts w/ my stock 32s and she started "WHAT WILL WE DO NOW?" I laughed at her, got out and hooked the winch to one of the billion cypress/pine trees all around us and pulled right out. I loved it when she said "I am so glad you bought that winch."

Flashforward to about 2 months ago when I was babbling to her about the lift/gears/tires/wheels I was about to buy and she turned to me and said "You're damn lucky I love this jeep."

Best advice I can give ANYONE getting into offroading, especially if they intend to do it alone: don't buy the stuff that will get you into trouble first (tires/lift) buy the stuff that will get you out (winch).

Glad you did it right.

Quick Reply: STUCK in middle of nowhere.