Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Thanksgiving Moab

Old 09-22-2015, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanksgiving Moab

Me and my family are planning to go to Moab just for a couple of days during Thanksgiving break and it would be my first time really off Roading I've been on back roads and climbed a couple hills but nothing like Moab I was wondering if anybody could recommend any easier trails to go on first to get a taste!
Old 09-22-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

White Rim Trail--out and back from Shafer Switchbacks. Tower Arch Trail. Gemini Bridges Trail. All little more than dirt roads with incredible scenery. White Rim now requires a permit, even for day use. Easily obtained. If you feel like something more challenging, Fins and Things is a hoot. Rated difficult, but a very easy difficult. Check out Charles Wells' Moab guidebook from funtreks.com.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
White Rim Trail--out and back from Shafer Switchbacks. Tower Arch Trail. Gemini Bridges Trail. All little more than dirt roads with incredible scenery. White Rim now requires a permit, even for day use. Easily obtained. If you feel like something more challenging, Fins and Things is a hoot. Rated difficult, but a very easy difficult. Check out Charles Wells' Moab guidebook from funtreks.com.
thank you so much!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some friends and I are gonna be there thursday thru sunday that weekend. Let me know if you want to run some trails together.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Some friends and I are gonna be there thursday thru sunday that weekend. Let me know if you want to run some trails together.
definitely I'll let you know!

Quick Reply: Thanksgiving Moab