Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Trail Ideas

Old 05-05-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Ideas

Hey everyone, just wondering what kind of trails y'all go to that aren't labeled as offroading parks. I would love to go to one, but I live in San Antonio and there aren't any around that I could get to any time soon. I dont know anyone with a ranch, but I'm close to the hill country so I think there has to be somewhere I can take the Jeep to play. Just looking for some ideas of where to look.

Any ideas would be awesome!
Old 05-07-2011, 08:20 PM
JKR
JK Newbie

I don't know about some people but I have always gone down dirt roads in the country. Examples power line service roads, and access roads. Where I live now people hunt a lot so there is trails that go off in the woods to hunting spot and deer stands.
I was also out your way a week ago on business and started driving south of the city and all I wanted to do was just take a exit a look for some trails.

But there is some other options that are fun too.

Texas-wheeling-spots...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I do the access road thing often. Just get off and look for something when I have the spare time. I've gotten lucky a few times, but the places I find are usually just dirt or gravel roads which can get a little dull after awhile.

I had had some luck recently with a constriction site near my house. I started talking to one of the workers with a jeep and he said it was cool for me and my friend to play around in some of gravel mounds and rubble that weren't being used as long as we did it after hours when they weren't working. But last week I guess they started the clean up phase of their project so all that stuff has been cleared out.

Now I'm just looking for a new place to take the jeep offroad...
Old 05-07-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Super Freak

if i was you i would check if you have any local 4x4 club near by. they are the your best source for local off road opportunities. if not ask at your local 4x4 shop. i find the guys who sell the parts normal use them as well. good luck finding some good trails.

Quick Reply: Trail Ideas