Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR), July 2015

Old 09-08-2015, 12:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts
Default Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR), July 2015

Finally finished with the videos for this recently completed run of the WABDR. They run one hour and nineteen minutes, total (not counting the short teaser), so grab a cold drink and enjoy!

Here's part 1. There are six parts in all ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyNvPYRedvQ&index=2&list=PLNmyT4ZqfdQmvMm6glhVTiB1Rdvx80ptb
Old 09-08-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Good Show !

Mark,

I watched them all as you released them over the last few weeks. Truly a great "overland" adventure, I wished I could have participated in it with you and the WABDR crew. I encourage all board members to take the time to watch it!
Fred (aka) DF
Old 09-08-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Desert Fox
Mark,

I watched them all as you released them over the last few weeks. Truly a great "overland" adventure, I wished I could have participated in it with you and the WABDR crew. I encourage all board members to take the time to watch it!
Fred (aka) DF
Thanks, Fred. You still have November penciled into your calendar?
Old 09-08-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mark,

Thanks for sharing the videos with us. I am always so jealous of all the beautiful country you have access to.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive enjoyed watching all of your videos. Thank you for spending the time to put them together. The Utah vids have convinced my wife to wheel there in the future.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by phuggit
Ive enjoyed watching all of your videos. Thank you for spending the time to put them together. The Utah vids have convinced my wife to wheel there in the future.
As you've seen from my videos, Utah has some incredible scenery, much of it limited to 4WD, high clearance vehicles. Moab is neat--the first time. But it's crowded and turning into a bit of a circus with all of the over-commercialization. Not quite Branson or Pigeon Forge, yet, but I do worry it's headed that way. I tell people go there soon, but expect crowds most everywhere you go. Yet, there's so much outside of Moab*, and that affords you the opportunity to experience some wonderful solitude. Certainly, visit Moab. But get outside of there, too. Go to those remote places that offer a more wilderness experience.

*There is around Moab, too, but it's kept secret by the locals. A radio operator I flew with for years in my USAF days lives there now and has told me he'll show me around someday "where the tourists never go". I think I'll have to sign a non-disclosure agreement or something however, LOL!
Old 09-12-2015, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Watched them all too Mark! Job well done! Looks like an awesome adventure. I'd love to join you on one of these one day

Quick Reply: Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR), July 2015