Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35s on full stock jku

Old 04-29-2021, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 35s on full stock jku

I got a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited fully stocked. Im looking to run 35s. Some have told me I will need spacers and others say to stay away from spacers all together. I like the stance of the Jeep on 35s and no lift. My gear ratio is 3.21 so I know the Jeep will be slower and need more gas but that’s fine that’s why it’s a Jeep.

im looking for any advice on what to do or what I will need to get the look I want. When I go to mechanic shops and they see a girl they jack up prices and tend to give misleading information for me to spend a lot.

I don’t plan on going off road just yet and not to mention this is my daily driver. I thought about just going with 33s seeing that I wouldn’t have as much things to worry about, but the size difference between the stock tires and 33s seem to be a little to close.

first time posting on here, thanks in advance.. all help is welcome
The following users liked this post:
Ahalteman (05-05-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 11:38 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I’ll say that mine is all stock, stock wheels, no spacers, no lift, I went with 285/70 17 and they do rub at full turn, 35’s I wouldn’t try unless I was going with a small lift and different wheels.

not a lot of difference in actual size from the stock 255/75 17 and the 285/70 17, but the looks are a big difference without going to the expense of a lift.
some consider the 285/70 17 as a 33, I think of it as a 32, but it made the jeep look better

Old 04-29-2021, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Sometimes the lingo can get a bit mixed. Technically you are asking about "adapters" which bolt on to your current lugs and provide a whole new set of lugs that the wheel secures to. A "spacer" simply slides over the current lugs and leaves that much less space for the lug nut to secure. Not saying that confusion when talking is the difference or not, but sometimes it is when speaking to a mechanic vs a group here that commonly refer to them as the same thing. Anyhow, there is nothing wrong with adapters if you get a good quality set like Spidertrax, Synergy, maybe even G2. Do not buy just cheap things off eBay though. To run a 35, you really need close to 4.5" BS. Your factory wheel is 6.25", and a 1.5" adapter would net you 4.75" which would work as far as turning clearance......on the pavement at least. The jeep would be quite the pig with 35s and 3.21 gearing.

Welcome to JKF!

BTW, a lot of mechanic shops do the same whether male or female. Getting a variety of opinions on forums like this is a good place to start with things.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You may also need to lightly trim the air dam or go with a narrower bumper. I had 35's on a fully stock 2dr with just wheel spacers and the right bumper.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m thinking I may need to just scratch that plan. Is it easier for me to just get a lift and throw on some 35s.
if that’s better what are some recommendations for a lift and is there anything else I will need to run that setup.
Old 04-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 358 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome.. as noted good quality spacers are ok.. to be safe periodic checking of the lug nuts on the spacer and re-torque should be performed .. and re-torque the wheel lug nuts..and check again after a few hundred miles.. It will be close on fender to tire clearance too with 35s.. several of the sizes already posted fall into 33's size & will work fine with the stock wheels and spacers. IMO the shops do not jack up the prices.. OVERSELL is another whole issue and they do this to all that will listen and say OK. For price on spacers check several of the catalogue mail vendors listed on the Marketplace above; they sell quality spacers.. If you decide to buy from one, be sure to when ordering inform them that you are a JK Forum Member; as they offer a small discount to members.

Quick Reply: 35s on full stock jku