Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After market wheels help

Old 06-07-2021, 02:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After market wheels help

New member here. I am looking to get some aftermarket rims and tires for my 2013 jku. I have found that differnt sites are telling me different things. I want to go with a 20x10 -24 offset. The one site I found days these are aggressive fit and the jeep may need modifications. But on a different site I've found a differnt rim with the same specs and there is no warning. My jeep is at Factory height. Can somebody help me with what I would need to modify or will the 20x10 -24 work.
Thank you in advance
Old 06-07-2021, 04:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

What size tire are you planning on running? Most of us would steer you to a 17x9 wheel with a 4.5" BS instead if you're increasing tire size. Less wheel and more sidewall is usually a better look on a wrangler. Unless you're putting a monster size tire on that 20" rim your sidewall will be small relative to the overall diameter, though that may be the look you are going for. Also, 17" should be a bit better tire pricing.

10" tire with -24 offset equates to 4.5" BS. I can't think of why that wouldn't work with a tire up to 12.5" width. Pay attention though to the tire manufacture's recommendation of what width wheel the tire will fit on. Most of us aren't running 10" wide wheels.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do alot of street driving. Around 100 miles a day. So im not looking to put big knobby tires on it .

Quick Reply: After market wheels help