Leveling kit? - Page 2 - JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for all Jeep models.

Leveling kit?

Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I ran 295/70/18s for about 3 years. I did add wheel spacers, 1.5". They fit fine but it's all about your Jeeps gearing. I have a Sahara so 3.21 really made it feel like a dog with the 295s, 34.5" somewhere. I stepped down to 275s, 33 and almost 1/2". Much better. Oh and also the weight of the tires make a huge difference. Good luck and buy what you like.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dat View Post
Thinking about a leveling kit, which shows one inch in the back and two in the front, right now I still have the factory 255/75 r17 tires, I don't think that I am going to put big tires on it, but would like a little taller.
with just a leveling kit and factory aluminum wheels, what is the recommended size that you can go up to?
IMO.. 285/70R17s-almost 33 in tall .. and wider than stock.. I run these w/o any leveling kit.. I do have 17x8 American racing wheels with more backspacing, I do have a slight rub on the fender splash shield at FULL Lock Turn I believe with this set up it is more about the back spacing.. I do plan on a 3/4in leveling puck for the front when warm weather arrives.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: