Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mix and match rims

Old 06-22-2022, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default mix and match rims

Sahara 2011 JKU with 5 new bridgestone tires all bought at the same time. They have 6K miles and I just rotated them.
my question is, ONE rim is steel, 4 are aluminum
The aluminum rims are out of production and as I'm sure many of you know very expensive. Not worried about the look, so can I run it with the single steel rim in the general 5 tire rotation.
I have no desire to spend a few thousand for rims !
there are dozens of questions about tire and wheels but i couldn't find my specific situation, my mother always told me I was special !
Old 06-24-2022, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

No issue there but why don't you reach out on the Wanted Ads here and request a (I presume) 18" rim. Lots of guys turf them in favour of 17's that have a better selection.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have 17" rims. The local dealer told me that the rims were out of production. tires are LT 285/70/R17 could be that theses are not actually dealer available rims. I was worried if there would be balance issues although logic tells me it should not be a problem, this is my first Jeep, fulfilling boyhood dreams, I am discovering that Jeep and logic are often mutually exclusive terms Have you tried adjusting the parking brake? Its a manual, so I wanted it working, my old man stubbornness, years of weird experiences, exposure to different vehicles and VOILA, despite misguided youtubers full of good intention, I DID IT
The Jeep is the gift that just keeps on giving, not had a boring weekend since I got her. I'm either driving and boondocking, or looking for the right box wrench and a new can of PB Blaster. 2011 Jeep and it appears that the rust is a stronger bond than many factory welds !

Quick Reply: mix and match rims