Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Normal' fuel mileage for JK with 35's?

Old 05-29-2019, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
This sums it up. My $2800 jetta paid for itself about a year ago when factoring regular wear and tear (37" tires), and fuel economy. Even including insurance I am now driving a free car that I'll squeeze every ounce of life out of. It don't look pretty.....but every time I drive it to work I think about what I'm keeping off the jeep. I drive the jeep weeknights and weekends for the smile factor.

My kind of thinking! I have an even better one: $70/mo lease payment on a Fiat 500e (electric). 80 mile range (plenty for us) and when I switched to "Time of Use" billing for my electric (which you can qualify for with an EV) my electric bill actually went DOWN by about $15 a month after adding the car. So my net cost is ~$55/mo to not have to drive the Jeep JKUR or Mercedes E500 (both are expensive per mile vehicles!).
Old 05-29-2019, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by sbsyncro
My kind of thinking! I have an even better one: $70/mo lease payment on a Fiat 500e (electric).
How on earth can you lease that car for $70/mo?
Old 05-29-2019, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
How on earth can you lease that car for $70/mo?
It was advertised for $49! But after taxes, etc. it came out to ~$70. In California and Oregon they were basically giving them away back in 2016 in order to make fuel mileage numbers for Federal Compliance. I think you can still lease one for around $199 which is still a very good deal, IMO. My wife loves it, and it is a lot of fun to drive around town. Park it anywhere.

Getting back OT - on my hard top '17 JKUR with "hybrid" Rock Krawler Flex lift (3.5" in back and 2.5" in front), Smittybilt Atlas bumpers F&R and either stock 255/75R17s on BFG Mud Terrains or 285/70R17 KO2 All Terrains, (6-speed, 4.88 gears) 'm getting about 16-17 around town and about 17-18 on the highway. But I drive like a grandma most of the time. I'm planning a move to 35's soon (it had 37s and that was too much so its back on the stockers for now). I expect the mileage to stay the same or maybe slightly worse, since I'm planning to run the Borah beadlocks that are 40lbs each (about 15 lbs more than stockers). I'm also running a K&N CAI and Magnaflow axle-back exhaust. Hard to keep off the skinny pedal with the growl under the hood.

Last edited by sbsyncro; 05-29-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 'Normal' fuel mileage for JK with 35's?