Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension 2015 JKU

Old 04-29-2024, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension 2015 JKU

This might sound dumb but here goes. I was told many years ago that if you pushed down on the fender of a car it should go down come up and stop. This is what happens on the front of my jeep but the back bounces an extra time. One shock had a dent so I replaced the back two shocks and it still does this. Before replacing tires a month ago one had worn flat in one round spot. Tire dealer said he thought there might be a suspension problem. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. Everything looks normal
Old 04-29-2024, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts

Different shocks provide differing amounts of damping. Basically on the highway if you are happy with the ride and no bouncing around then the shock is doing its job. Offroad - the hype your hear and read about shocks is basically referring to those that go like hell with their rigs IE a lot of speed. For most of us we practically go at a speed where shocks can be removed for offroading - almost.
The following users liked this post:
daytooday (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Suspension 2015 JKU