Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel and Tire advice

Old 02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Any wheel that is 4.5in back spacing will work. And also, yes those wheels and tires will fit on a stock sport.
Question from the rain belt -

6.25" less 4.5" is 1.75". Then add an extra inch of tire width on each side of the wheel by going from 10" tires to 12" tires. That means the outside edge of the new tire sticks out about 2.75" further than stock.

In the rain, will the stock fenders keep spray from the outer edge of the tire from flying up outside the fenders?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:09 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill

6.25" less 4.5" is 1.75". Then add an extra inch of tire width on each side of the wheel by going from 10" tires to 12" tires. That means the outside edge of the new tire sticks out about 2.75" further than stock.

In the rain, will the stock fenders keep spray from the outer edge of the tire from flying up outside the fenders?

Thanks!
I would like to know about this too...
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's too close to say. When I had my 07, I put pro comp wheels and 35" x 12" pro comp extreme mud terrains on it with spider Trax spacers. My tires through mud & rain water all over my jeep.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill

Thanks!
Unfortunately you're gonna have that just drove through a dirty muddle puddle look with most any wider tire regardless of back spacing. when turning and in motion the tires will sling the water or other substance and since through rear trails the front the side of the jeep will get the full effect of the spray.
i had the stock 16" steelies and the still managed to sling road grime all over the side of my doors . who i went with the wider tires it obviously got worse put who cares its my jeep and i like a dirty girl.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire advice