Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

$68 Summit Racing exhaust install

Old 11-26-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he is talking about mounting the glass pack inline near the "black box". I think a hacksaw would work, as long as you reach it with one.

but this gives me an idea, could you put the glass pack where the stock muffler is? then add a small tail pipe sticking out?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

have you also thought about a high flow cat. for it too? you can get more hp gains from it because flow through muffler+flow through cat= power
Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iceman7311
Two questions, how loud is it compared to the stock exhaust? It is hard to tell from the sound clip. And do you think this could be done with just a hack saw?
The sound is not too loud. You can have normal voice conversions during acceleration and can drown it out if you crank the radio. If you want a quieter sound you can use any preferred muffler in place of the glasspak.

You might be able to uses a hacksaw but it would be a tight fit and difficult saw.

I do get a lot of compliments on the sound.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as the high flow cat ...well here is my experience with my 2004 tj rubi
banks header,custom header to cat piping removed the pre cat? resonator whatever thing removed cat converter replaced with random technology high flow racing converter 3inch in and out and a pair of o2 simulators
banks monster cat back system all dipped in jet hot coating
price 2500 now did it work yes did it sound good yes did it get hot or corrode no was it worth it sure if you want to blow that much $ on exhaust
i did it because i had a 10 lb boost supercharger on it with straight up outside ram air going to it and the head was done too
it was silly fast and it would fry the 35" mtrs i had on up the street until i got off the gas

now as far as cat back systems.....
Old 12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

all the high price cat backs have a straight through muffler (if you take it and look through it you can see the other side do it in front of a mirror and you can actualy see your own eye )
this dude had the best idea yet with the glass pack and if you want to spend a couple bucks more you can use a magnaflow polished stainless steel one for like 60 bucks
and dont mess with the cat unless you mess with all the cats or whatever the little ones up front are called and it opens up cans of worms and stuff
dont bother unless you have a supercharger
if you want it to outrun srt 8 's spend the 5 plus grand on the super charger custom thing or if you want it to sound good do what this dude did
Old 12-16-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

has anybody thought about just gutting the cats, and keeping the stock muffler..??? wonder what that would sound like
Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck

No chance in hell...if you believe that...well, I have a bridge to sell you.

I do appreciate the write up and pics! Looks like this could be done with any muffler. Kudos for trying it!:toung:
Id buy a bridge and rename it. TYLER BRIDGE. tyler is my name by the way. i know its but just first and then .
Old 12-17-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

gutting the cats are dumb todays high flow racing cats are just fine
dont forget though the ecu doesnt like racing cats and the o2 sensors get all mad and well thats what i was talking about when i said can of worms
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

I did this mod this weekend and I love it, must relocate or find a heat shield. But its great, I love that the muffler is no longer there. Only thing is the tailpipe does rattle on the rear sway bar, but I will weld a bracket to fix that tomorrow after the snow storm. Great Mod
Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is my next mod!

will i have any issues with SMOG TESTS in california? any So CAL people chime in please!

thanks!

Quick Reply: $68 Summit Racing exhaust install