Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2.5 lift kit help

Old 04-02-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 lift kit help

So I think i got lucky and purchased some barely used 9550 2.5 teraflex shocks for only $100. Now im wondering on how i should go about lifting my jeep from here. My jeep is on a stock suspension its a 2012 2dr jk. I guess my question is will these shocks work with the factory height? or do i need to add a lift? and if i need a lift should i just get a spacer lift or a coil lift? I would like to do a coil lift under $300 and i can use the teraflex shocks i bought.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:47 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Typically they would be set up for a lift. Personally they are nothing to brag about and not sure if I would build a jeep around that shock. Get the tape measure out and measure the collapsed and extended length to plan what you are going to need to build around them.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

At 2.5" you could buy a lift one part at a time with no problem. New coils will usually ride a little better than stock if you don't buy super cheap. Take a read through the 2 stickies here for what you need Modified JK Tech

Quick Reply: 2.5 lift kit help