Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Ball Joint Write Up

Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
No, it isnt just you. Yellow is a poor choice in colors considering the dual format background capability, it does not show up well, if at all on a white background.
I read a while ago other background choices may be coming.

Any update on that?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I read a while ago other background choices may be coming.

Any update on that?
No new updates at this time, sorry.

Although my daughter keeps saying pink or purple... *L*
Old 04-30-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
No, it isnt just you. Yellow is a poor choice in colors considering the dual format background capability, it does not show up well, if at all on a white background.
Hey, i'm open to suggestions.

Can i assume that if i write it all in white, that switching the background color would change the text to Black? (otherwise, how would anyone with a white background be able to read any of the posts?)

I would like to focus on content (i have already worked on it a bunch offline, and will upload this weekend)
Old 04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by joyntman
Hey, i'm open to suggestions.

Can i assume that if i write it all in white, that switching the background color would change the text to Black? (otherwise, how would anyone with a white background be able to read any of the posts?)

I would like to focus on content (i have already worked on it a bunch offline, and will upload this weekend)
The default text color will be readable in either background. It's when you start changing colors that you should try it in both formats to see how it reads.

I stopped highlighting text because of this. Now, I just go bigger and turn on bold to make a phrase stand out.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The default text color will be readable in either background. It's when you start changing colors that you should try it in both formats to see how it reads.

I stopped highlighting text because of this. Now, I just go bigger and turn on bold to make a phrase stand out.
Exactly.

The default text color isnt white, it is grey actually. that is why when you turn it to white, you cant see it on the white background. Some colors will work just fine, but white and yellow definetly dont.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Alright! I updated the main post, all in one color.

I hope everyone can see it now, regardless of background color.

As you can see, I am missing data. Give me feedback on layout, and if you have content, either PM me and I will update main post, or do the usual.

I am STILL undecided on which to buy, leaning towards the Napa Auto uppers, Moog lowers... Or maybe Dynatrac lowers....

I am heading to Moab in about a month, and need to get 'er done!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default re: need your links to install, and FEEDBACK on which joints you've installed

Hey!

I updated the original post on manufacturer info; now you can see which one's are greaseable, adjustable, etc all in one place.

IF any of you know of a good write up on the install process, send me the link and I will post.

ALSO, do any of you have feedback on replacement joints that you have installed?

thx

joyntman
Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice work. This will help a lot of people.
Thank you,
Old 05-08-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Super Freak

AWESOME well put together thread. A big time saver for those who think they may need to replace their ball joints. It's good to have all this information in one place. Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just order the prosteer's from Dave. I'll try to throw together a decent write-up. I'm gonna try to be creative and video it. I've got a decent DLSR that shoots 720p HD. Should be fun.

-Chad-

Quick Reply: Ball Joint Write Up