Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Better Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install

Old 04-05-2015, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smart idea. I think the mistake alot of people make is that they don't deburr the holes they drill for the bolts/lock-nuts. Even the smallest piece of trash around the hole will allow the louvers to push down on the sheet metal resulting in a dent. I installed mine with the supplied nuts/bolts and didn't have any issues.

Did you cut your hood underneath too?
Old 04-08-2015, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOAZ JK
Smart idea. I think the mistake alot of people make is that they don't deburr the holes they drill for the bolts/lock-nuts. Even the smallest piece of trash around the hole will allow the louvers to push down on the sheet metal resulting in a dent. I installed mine with the supplied nuts/bolts and didn't have any issues.

Did you cut your hood underneath too?
I'm assuming you mean the cross member support...no, I left it intact.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

This looks really good. Did you take any how to pics as you did the install (where to position the tape, tape on the louver/hood, etc...)?

As for the theft aspect, most thieves won't bother with anything that takes longer than 60 seconds (according to the insurance industry). It would be easier to steal the entire vehicle and strip it in a more secure location than spend the time on site.

Real nice job, but got to go get the tape and pins to do this for mine.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by USMC20yrs
This looks really good. Did you take any how to pics as you did the install (where to position the tape, tape on the louver/hood, etc...)?
I just taped the entire outside edge of the Louver and then placed a few strips on the hood itself around the cut outs...sorry, didn't think about those pics before installing.

Thanks for your service BTW Marine...
Old 07-27-2016, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default Does it work

I am looking into getting a Hood Louver, my question to you is, does it actually work? Have you noticed cooler temps for engine and engine bay?

Quick Reply: Better Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install