Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Budget Roof Rack

Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my thoughts

As I was bored and surfing last night I wandered over to rockhard4x4 and noticed these:

Since this is what rockhard is using to attach their sport cages to the rollcage, my thought was purchase 4 or 6 and do some cutting and welding on some 13/4" OD schedule 40 or 80 pipe and then paint and/or cover with one of their padding kits.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by philj_22
As I was bored and surfing last night I wandered over to rockhard4x4 and noticed these:

Since this is what rockhard is using to attach their sport cages to the rollcage, my thought was purchase 4 or 6 and do some cutting and welding on some 13/4" OD schedule 40 or 80 pipe and then paint and/or cover with one of their padding kits.

What do you guys think?
Great minds think alike I thought much along the same lines when I was considering options for my hardtop....only problem (for me) is that currently I'm welderless........... but think that's gonna be fixed here REAL soon.

But a note on those parts: me-thinks you'll have to cut the roll bar padding to get 'em to work
Old 07-29-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for bracket install for tieing down bag.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Default added safety thought

As I was driving home (yes I get a LOT of thinking out of the way there). I was thinking about the additional safety a couple of bars would add incase of a roll over. I dont really think that rollbar is made to hangle much in a roll so bars put in well would also have the added benefit of adding safety.

But a note on those parts: me-thinks you'll have to cut the roll bar padding to get 'em to work

Cutting on the padding is not an issue to me. You see I work with several people who I would say qualify as professional tailors that will be able to reseam the ends for me. Does make life a lot easier some times.

Quick Reply: Budget Roof Rack