Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Cheap Dog Net Mod.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Dog Net Mod.

Just wanted to send out a cheap mod for dog owners out there that is working great for me. I went out and grabbed a $20 cargo net and 4 $2 dollar climbing hooks from Canadian Tire. ( umm... kinda a Wallmart store in Canada ) Turn the net sideways and wrap the cords around the head rest posts securing them with the hooks. ( pull as snug as you want it ) You can then push the head rest down to cover them up. Next, ( and I don't have a pic of this but ) wrap the net around the seat tracks at the foot and fasten with the two remaining hooks and fold down seats down. Done ! Also gives you a nice clean look.
We have a rotti and a cavalier, so big and small dogs and it keeps them and most of their hair out of the front compartment. Have had no issues but use at own risk.

Hope it helps out.

( now go find some Mud )

Old 04-03-2007, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice Job. I'm looking a Raingler for the nets they make. Anyone know any other nets? My dogs will thank you.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boys1.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1152  
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Heyspike
Nice Job. I'm looking a Raingler for the nets they make. Anyone know any other nets? My dogs will thank you.
John

I have seen some gorgeous dogs on here give the boys a pet for me
Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Heyspike nice pic. Can see why you needed a 4 Door Just went to the Raingler site. Very nice netting.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I am going to give this a try...I have two pits that like to go for rides with me. Anything to keep them out of the front looks good to me. Great mod...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Burg. Hope it helps. Has been working great for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Speaking of dogs....

Here is a pic of the ranglier nets on my Rubicon. I just need to install the caargo net to keep her out of the front seat. She laid claim to my passenger seat when the wife is not riding. HaHa Chris
Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have also used this method for my dogs and it does work great.
I saw a cargo net that BJeepJK had posted in one of his pics. He pointed me in the direction of motorcycle shops to find the right size cargo net. I was having a heck of a time finding one the right size until I went to the bike shop.
The ones they sell to cargo net their extra helmets work perfect and they are only 9 bucks. You do have to add a bungee extender to make it reach all the way down to the seat tracks on the floor.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

My JK is covered in my dogs hair. Any suggestions as to the best way to remove it fromt he carpet and seats??
Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default hair

Originally Posted by mbuck
My JK is covered in my dogs hair. Any suggestions as to the best way to remove it fromt he carpet and seats??
I'm a nut about keeping mine clean. I use a stiff cleaning brush to get hair, pine needles, dried mud, etc...... I found the one I use in the car detailing area at walmart. $2-$4

Quick Reply: Cheap Dog Net Mod.