Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Cheap Dog Net Mod.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys make this too hard!

This is much cheaper!

I bought my dog one of those doggie seat belts at pet smart @ $20. They are basically a chest harness. Then tied a piece of rope between to carabeeners and clip one end to his seat belt and the other to the child seat attatchemt behind the seat. Now he has enough freedom to put his head out the window but surely wont be going anywhere. ALso bought him a pair of doggles to protect his eyes. Pretty cool.

Sorry for the wait. But here is my Puppy Harness system and the Doggles! Ohh and couldn't help throwing in a few pics of Rubi!

Old 05-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Former Member

Had a couple of cargo nets with the rigid end tubes kicking around...did the between the front seats trick and also one up top over where our 4 door rear seat would be if it was still in there.
The high one as a catch all hammock fastened with 4 - 1/2 inch wide nylon dog collars attached to the roll cage tubes over the rear doors.
Hammock worked out great.
Our 12 year old German Shorthaired Pointer with a knee replacement who still competes in agility trials cleared the front seat barrier net.
Guess that's why the 2 younger dogs still travel in their wire crates fastened up on the tubular riser platform I built in the back.
The Unlimited is still a bit too small for 3 crates and assorted gear having dogs this size.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mbuck
My JK is covered in my dogs hair. Any suggestions as to the best way to remove it fromt he carpet and seats??
Duct tape. Reverse wrap it on your hand...pat your jeep down. Works well, and cheap.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by csims723
Here is a pic of the ranglier nets on my Rubicon. I just need to install the caargo net to keep her out of the front seat. She laid claim to my passenger seat when the wife is not riding. HaHa Chris
That's what I'm looking for, but I want it for the whole back end - everything that isn't part of the front two seats needs to be netted in with the top and doors off. I can't find any prefab netting for the four door, but plenty of options for a two door. I might end up making my own.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dog Netting

Greetings,

I am a new JK owner I have the 4dr version and I just broke 600 miles on it. Dropped it off today to get the hard-top installed.

Anyway I saw your post about the netting and thought I would put in my two cents.

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=5009632&showprevnext=1

Looks like you could probably put this in cheaper than raingler but I am not sure if you can get black though. Would take some customization but probably cheaper and stronger since it has kevlar incorporated.

AZEnder

Last edited by wayoflifette; 02-13-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Please don't posts direct links to non sponsoring vendors
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heyspike
Nice Job. I'm looking a Raingler for the nets they make. Anyone know any other nets? My dogs will thank you.
John
I'm working on a mod and write-up to make my own.

I bought the web-strapping at Joanne Fabric for 99 cents a foot and I bought about 18 feet of the stuff.

This weekend I'll assemble 2 home made mods and write them up with PICs.
Interior fishing rod tubes and the Web-Strap to keep Big dogs in back.

Quick Reply: Cheap Dog Net Mod.